38 days..... 30 pounds???

Options
:grumble: That's my B-day! I might be able to pull it off....I started my diet 9 days ago and have lost 15 lbs. so far....

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Just remember that a great deal of that 15 pounds was water weight. You always lose a lot of weight (not necessarily fat) in the beginning, once the water weight is gone you generally slow down to a more level/healthy rate of loss.
  • BIGGGMOMMMA
    BIGGGMOMMMA Posts: 190
    Options
    Yeah Mystic but I'm going to give it all I got anyway....thanx :tongue:
  • gogoboobzilla
    gogoboobzilla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Don't get upset with yourself if you don't make it. Often times when people don't see instant results beyond the initial water weight (myself in the past included) they give up.
  • obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    Give it all ya got and be proud of the result even if it isn't the full 30 pounds. If you stay healthy, eat well and what not, I'm sure you will feel loads better and look fantastic regardless of the exact poundage.
  • chocaholicdc
    chocaholicdc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WHAT! How did you do that?
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion... why not go for a more sustainable approach? Like 2lbs per week?

1lb ~ 3500 calories. To lose nearly a lb a day you're going to be fasting essentially. This will eventually cause loss of lean body mass, aka muscle, the things that make us look good when we reduce body fat.

Often we pick an arbitrary number to get to by an arbitrary date and it ends up backfiring. The best results are seen from establishing healthier habits, small deficits and a mix of strength training plus moderate cardio. I would find out what your TDEE is and then create a deficit of 20-30% from there as a starting point.

Best of luck to you!
  • Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You'll look and more importantly, FEEL better no matter if it's water weight ( bloat ) or fat. Good luck to you!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Just do the best you can in the time you have and know that any loss is going in the right direction. Hopefully it will give you the boost to continue to give yourself the best birthday present, better health and healthier eating for life.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Great job so far, you are half way there!!!

Motivate motivate motivate people!!!!
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

You can motivate all you want, but losing almost 1lb per day just isn't sustainable or healthy for that matter. Most people who lose at rapid rates like this just see the weight come back because during their crash diet they don't learn anything.
  • storknursekelly
    storknursekelly Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Give it all you've got !!!!! Positive thoughts coming your way. Some people are able to lose much faster than others because they have a lot to lose & they eat healthier & workout more efficiently. Age is a factor as well. I wish you much success in your goal. Your determination & tenacity will keep you motivated. I say go for it ! :bigsmile:
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options

You can motivate all you want, but losing almost 1lb per day just isn't sustainable or healthy for that matter. Most people who lose at rapid rates like this just see the weight come back because during their crash diet they don't learn anything.

Again great job and I hope you have success!!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Honestly it depends on how much weight you have to lose. I started at 220 ish and lost about 25lbs my first month before I figured out that I wasn't eating enough. If you have a LOT to lose take advantage of the first couple months for those big drops but understand that losing for more than a few months (depending on your size) at that rate will not be sustainable and should not be your 'benchmark' for motivation. These days if I lose 1lb/week I am on cloud 9!
  • BIGGGMOMMMA
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your responses! I eat a lot and feel great! I munch on veggies and fruit, fish, lean meat, eggs, oatmeal. No sugar or sodas, I do zumba twice a day for 30 minutes each session. I don't feel deprived at all right now. Drinking plenty of water. Life is good....I want to start living it again....
  • fitguy44
    fitguy44 Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow thats so much wt lost , dont give up keep on trying !
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Yeah Mystic but I'm going to give it all I got anyway....thanx :tongue:

So why did you start a thread?
  • BIGGGMOMMMA
    Options
    I started a thread to hear thoughts on the subject. It's not entirely impossible either. BTW I was being polite, I really believe I can do it. Thanx for your comment though.... :flowerforyou:
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    :grumble: That's my B-day! I might be able to pull it off....I started my diet 9 days ago and have lost 15 lbs. so far....

38 days, 30 pounds... roughly 3/4 of a pound per day, so you'd have to burn about 2625 calories per day in order to do that. That's not likely possible unless you're in the "400lbs to lose" club...