soooo mad!

Options
Hey everyone just need to vent...I've been eating better and I exercise faithfully since 3/11/13 and have lost 41lbs so far but when I look at myself I get so pissed that I let my body get so big (405lbs) I guess I'm just impatient and expect my weight loss to happen quick quick quick! Thanks for any support you have for me :)

Replies

• CrazyAnimalLady
    CrazyAnimalLady Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Use your anger to motivate you. I don't think anyone is happy with the position they've gotten themselves into, especially those in the 100 lb + club. Instead of focusing on how you got yourself there, focus on how great you've done so far! To lose 41 lbs in 3 months is fantastic!!
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree use that frustration and anger to push yourself and stay focused. What you have to remember is you didn't gain it over night or even in a couple of months and it will take time to lose it. But 40+ lbs is amazing in a few months and you should be proud of yourself for that! Keep building great new habits and you will see your life and body change! YOU. CAN. DO. THIS!
  • jdyg81
    jdyg81 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Like she said use the anger to move you remember we didn't get big overnight so it takes time long as you stick to your guns stay active it will come off just do what you can to focus on the positive things in your life quit worrying about the scale thats why I checkthe scale every month bit best of luck
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Just be patient. It can take a very long time to lose weight in a healthy manner, but the habits you build in the process will last a lifetime. It is those habits that will mean the difference between gaining it back and keeping it off.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Just be patient. It can take a very long time to lose weight in a healthy manner, but the habits you build in the process will last a lifetime. It is those habits that will mean the difference between gaining it back and keeping it off.

So much of this. I still look in the mirror and don't see much in the way of change, but I saw a picture the other day and it's like night and day. I know it's not something anyone wants to do but take LOTS of before pictures and measurements. When you can't see it in the mirror, you WILL see it in the pictures.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. You're here. You're working hard to change. And you're doing it! That is what matters.

Think of today and what you will do to better yourself today. Think of tomorrow and what you will do to better yourself tomorrow.

Stop thinking about the past because you can't change it. Focus your energy on what you can change.
  • SydneyRenee2
    SydneyRenee2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That's just more motivation to keep going and NEVER go back! That's what I always tell myself! It's very easy to fall off so don't let yourself. You've done an amazing job so far losing 41 pounds!!! Concentrate on how far you've come! Congrats to you!!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    It's tough but I have a feeling you're tougher! You've already done a great job so apparently what you're doing is working. So take it one day or week at a time, do something that gives you a visual of your progress (graph it or use some other method) and be proud of yourself and where you're heading. Good luck to you.
  • ThimbleSizedPerfection
    Options
    I can relate to you for sure! I'm 165-170 (depending on the time of day) pounds and get so frustrated each and every day with the lack of results I'm getting. I'm the type of person who if I can't see the immediate benefit then I won't stick with something or do it to begin with. This usually is why I turn from restriction to binge eating, no matter how much or how little I eat, once it hits around five in the afternoon I am fed up with all of it and I eat the entirety of the fridge. You just have to keep your head up, and don't let the small things get you down. 41 pounds is AMAZING, congratulations! You are doing such a great job, just think of where you started when you feel the need to quit on yourself. If you focus too much on how you got to where you are or how much you have left to where you want, then you'll never be satisfied. Focus on the huge amount you've already lost.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Use your anger to motivate you. I don't think anyone is happy with the position they've gotten themselves into, especially those in the 100 lb + club. Instead of focusing on how you got yourself there, focus on how great you've done so far! To lose 41 lbs in 3 months is fantastic!!

I agree with this...

Also remember that time is going to pass anyways! In one years time you can be down a substantial amount of weight or you can gain it from getting discouraged and giving up. I stay stick to it, it all adds up!
  • rukcus
    rukcus Posts: 58
    Options

Definitely this! Personally I feel that anger is a short term feeling with many ways to go wrong, Just focus on your habits and not on your scale. It will move, losing weight is math & science not fate. P.S. You are doing amazing already if you shed any faster you may get into sustainability issues.
  • Fly737400
    Fly737400 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So much of what I've seen on these boards so far, is about finding that system that works for you. Eating your workout calories, or letting them stay in the deficit. I've seen responses purporting to both sides of the theory. I understand the frustration, as I have been working out like a fiend this week, and really watching what I ate. My result: 5 pound gain from what I had at my last weigh-in. Hopefully, it's muscle!

Once you find your "routine," and what works for you, you'll get in the groove and the weight will come off. That's what I'm hoping for too!
  • kara2
    kara2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    When I get angry, I ask my self what are you afraid of? A few weeks ago I realized that I was afraid of success. I started to believe all the nay sayers who tell me I can't do this. I felt the fear for all the times I have started this lifestyle change and given up and failed once again (I have been doing this since about 3rd grade). I decided that day I am going to love myself enough to get up and exercise, eat healthy and celebrate all the things I can do now. I started my journey at a similar weight. I bet if you sat down and wrote a list of all the things you can do now that you couldn't do three months ago. You probably would have a long list. The scale shows us a number but it doesn't define us.

A read in a book somewhere that if we don't change our thinking while we are losing weight about how we feel about ourselves when we do lose all the weight we still won't be happy. Feel the emotion of anger and let it help you to continue on this journey.
    I hope tomorrow is a brighter and better day. I am here cheering you on and so are a lot of other people. You can do this!
  • u_mad_bro
    u_mad_bro Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So..U mad bro?
    Sorry couldn't help myself.

Anyways, you need to have patience. Easier said than done, trust me, I know.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You have the rest of your life. IF you go slowly and maintain these habits you will never be fat again...and you will have many years to come at a healthy weight. Far more than you spend at an in - between weight.

Look at the big picture. For months I woke up with obese and struggled with exercise. I was working harder than 80% of the thin girls on the street but I still looked fat on the outside. It takes months for the weight to come down, but once it's off you can maintain it without much trouble. Just don't end up like most people and ignore the diet / fitness part. People who are naturally overweight or overeating can't maintain a healthy weight without some kind of moderating influence...be it calorie counting or portion control.
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    You aren't gaining. You aren't maintaining. You are losing weight! As long as the scale keeps going in the downward direction, no matter how slowly, you ARE getting there! Be patient...enjoy the ride and all the things you will continue to learn!