How to get back into dieting after a big set back.

Options
So..I came back from a cruise a couple weeks ago. I ate..well, a lot. I couldn't really count calories during it because the internet there was SO expensive so I didn't even bother. I thought I'd be able to keep myself in check but I went totally overboard(no pun intended).

After the cruise we drove down to Seattle for a few days and I didn't bother watching what I ate there either because I was gunna just get back into it once I got home. I didn't weigh myself right after getting back, though. I went back into counting calories for 2 more weeks before I checked my weight.

Today was 2 weeks since getting home, and I thought it may be safe to weigh myself again and not be too disappointed by the number.

Before the cruise I was 178.5.
When I checked today, I was 186.

I feel so discouraged and hopeless and I want to just give up because I felt so great when I hit the 170s, and now I'm back into the 180s and I just don't even know if I can keep doing this because I feel like I've failed myself and that it's all useless.

I really need some help getting back on my feet. Any suggestions for things I can do in the next few weeks to get my motivation back up and some possible quick fixes to help me lose those 7.5 pounds easily? Any good exercises that anyone could recommend that help shed pounds quickly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Replies

• liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Switch the mantra. "nothing tastes as good as thin feels." "yesterday, you said 'tomorrow'." "More giggle, less jiggle."

You have come so far already, clearly you know how to do this!!!!

And if all else fails, make a boat-sized buffet of only healthy food and have a party.
  • pamklass
    pamklass Posts: 17
    Options
    Your thinking right now is the same that I have had every time I went from gaining a little weight back to gaining it all plus some back. And I told myself this time I wouldn't do that and I haven't. When I put a some back on I look up how to recommit yourself to losing weight on the internet. You will lose the weight again in no time. This is not a diet. This is life long of up and downs. Don't go from a minor set back to a complete set back. You got this!!!
  • BobzStuff
    BobzStuff Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    As someone who's put on a bit of my weight back on I can say nip this in the bud right now. Get right back onto your program or you're going to look back in a few months from a much higher number bummed.

I am still trying to gather my motivation to start knocking this weight back off.

You can do it! I can do it and we will do it!

If you need a friend add me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Switch the mantra. "nothing tastes as good as thin feels." "yesterday, you said 'tomorrow'." "More giggle, less jiggle."

You have come so far already, clearly you know how to do this!!!!

And if all else fails, make a boat-sized buffet of only healthy food and have a party.
    I dislike that mantra. To me it literally means that you CAN'T eat anything tasty or high calorie for FEAR of weight gain. It DOESN'T have to happen that way and I know because NONE of my clients diet. They just are taught how to manage their calories better.

To the OP, it happens and you should have expected it to. You should have also expected weight gain since you didn't bother to count. So now chalk that up as an experience learner and get right back to work. You've lost the weight before, so there isn't an excuse that you can't get back to where you were before you left...........................unless you still eat like you were on the cruise ship.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition