water question

Options
Other than filling you up is it really necessary to drink 8 cups a day or can you get by with less? Does it really help that much with losing the weight? Not a big water fan but if that's what it takes that's what I'll do !

Replies

• gandsooz
    Options
    Water is just a fanatsic weight loss tool and it works on so many levels, It helps your skin, your water weight , makes you feel fresh.

If you dont like water you can have green teas or any herbal tea really it will give it a nice tatse will your still consuming water, or even watermelon.

I have a big 2litre water bottle at me side all day and just drink it every now and agaon and by hlafway through the day i dont even realise how much i have drunk and need to refill it :) I fid that works best because your not worryin what number cup it is your on

Hope that helps :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Water is vital to losing weight! It helps your body run efficiently - think of it as the equivalent of oil in a car. A car can run with low oil, but if it goes too long it does damage to the engine.

Here is a fantastic article about water, addressing some of the "myths" as well as telling you what water does for your body (The "why water matters" section near the bottom): http://www.experiencelifemag.com/issues/june-2010/health-wellness/drink-to-your-health.html?ht=
  • nicoledc
    nicoledc Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm off to Target to get a huge water bottle - good idea to just keep it right there all day - I know that even non-dieters are told to drink lots of water every day - just hard to get it down! Thanks !
  • DanniJNoles
    Options
    Did you know that you should consume half a gallon on the days you work out? It's good to be hydrated ~BEFORE~ a work out. I do like my water when I am on the elliptical. Water is overall better then the juices and anything other than milk.
  • nicoledc
    Options
    What a fantastic article ! Thank you for taking the time to send it to me! I had no idea your metabolism can slow down without enough water - and the part about cholesterol was very interesting too - I have high LDL. Thanks again ! Will start drinking 8 glasses today !
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic article ! Thank you for taking the time to send it to me! I had no idea your metabolism can slow down without enough water - and the part about cholesterol was very interesting too - I have high LDL. Thanks again ! Will start drinking 8 glasses today !

Glad you liked it! I need to bookmark it for myself - sometimes I'm good about drinking water and sometimes I'm not, and it's a good motivation to get back on track with my water!
  • nicoledc
    Options
    I forwarded to a few friends - very interesting reading - was shocked about the water vs metabolism part - maybe that's been my problem with being "stuck" !! Water it is ! I need to go back and see if Chardonnay counts as water - just kidding