Protein Powder Help

Options
I'm looking for a protein powder that's low lactose and doesn't contain acesulfame-k, acesulfmae potassium, or sucralose. Stevia and inulin root are fine, just not the more artificial sweeteners. The only one I've found so far is Vega. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Of particular interest to me is the cookies and cream flavour, which is making my search particularly difficult.

Replies

• Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I make my own cookie dough flavored with whatever protein powder I have on hand, a serving of PB, gluten free flour, and if you want chocolate chips.. the stuff you buy at the store that are protein cookie dough flavored are like 210+ calories +loaded with sugar for a mini bar.. I rather just eat a real cookie at that point.

There are tons of recipes on youtube and online to make protein powder taste like lots of different things. I literally just mixed 2 scoops of fudge brownie and added minimal water... microwaved it for a minute and I got a little protein cake.

The 3 better tasting proteins I think are Trutein, Syntha-6, and and maybe Cellucor. I'm not sure if they meet your criteria.
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have used Sunwarrior, MHP Paleo Protein, Jay Robb Whey and Egg and Maximum Vibrance. They all use stevia.

Most of these have a basic vanilla or chocolate flavor, you will have to add extracts to get a flavor to your liking except Jay Robb has some usual flavors I don't see too often like pina colada and orange cream which is nice for a change.

I am at the point where my protein shake is not really an enjoyable thing, I just choke it down and am done with it.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, hurray for options! Thanks to both of you :D