my NSV (kinda)

Options
I've lost 22lbs so far and today was the first time I was able to do all 90 mins of the P90X yoga disk. Ended up being a 700 calorie burn! However, because it was hot in my house, I did it shirtless and got many unflattering views of my pudgy midsection- especially during the plough-to-shoulder-stand. I should be excited about progress but right now I'm feeling kinda meh. Anybody else have this experience? Please tell me I'm not alone

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    We all have our moments. Sometimes I only see what I want to fix but then I realize how far I have come and dwelling on not reaching my goals seems silly. Everything in time. Congrats on the yoga!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    yes, that pose is not so good but i do it anyway. hope one day that i'll notice a change.
  • amsthegreat
    amsthegreat Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I agree. It is soooooooo easy to see the flaws in ourselves. Some days I look in the mirror and all I see is fat. Other days I am surprised when I look into the mirror and see a thin, attractive woman staring back at me. Sometimes it helps to remind myself of where I started.
  • kaioken92
    kaioken92 Posts: 38
    Options
    You're not alone, man. You should be proud to get through the workout. Yoga X is a tough one.

And yeah, I have felt exactly how you feel. I still do, actually. I started my first round of P90X in January, and I'm in my second phase of my second round, and I still have a layer of fat around the middle that's slowly regressing, but not as quickly as I'd like.

Just keep it up. Slowly but surely, that "spare tire" will get smaller and smaller.
  • laurabelle2013
    Options
    Did that DVD today and it is tough! Hubby and I ff past ten minutes of it do you are doing great! Don't judge your body on a bent, upside down pose! Never happens in real life!!!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Focus on the good, that you completed it and that is progress! You will remember this when you reach your goals and look back on it as an "ah ha" moment! I have many.....keep on kickin' tail!
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    It, for some reason is easer to focus on the things we are unhappy with, than celebrate the small accomplishments.

Punctuation
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I definitely experience this. I went on a long hike and was obviously in better shape than everyone else conditioning-wise, I didn't mind a single hill! This was due to running on an incline on my treadmill 5 days a week.

Thanks to some loss my pants were too loose and kept slipping down showing the bottom of my tummy, and when I saw some pictures I was in later (didn't know they were even being taken, doing my own thing in them) I was so embarassed. It looked like my big belly was just sticking out the bottom of my shirt! So NOT the same as 'I've out-skinnied my pants!'

It really upset met at first, but now I'm kind of past it. I realize I'll probably never look picture-perfect every day and from every angle (if I ever am from even one, of course), but that's o.k. The girl in those pictures was having a nice time, enjoying nature and was out-pacing thinner folks ; )
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean - at my gym in the weight lifting section there's mirrors everywhere and I do not look like all the ultra fit women who use the weights next to me, but it makes me want to look better so I keep at it. Plus, the people at the Y have been pretty nice - I've even gotten help from some of the guys who have corrected my form and they're like "You're doing good."
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!