Questions about P90X

Options
I've been seeing a lot of results from it, from other people, and i'm seriously considering getting it, however i'm told it takes a lot of motivation. Also, it's very expensive.

I'm just wondering, if I buy it from the website, do they end up charging you extra (i've heard bad things about beachbody), and is it okay to do the monthly payments?

Replies

• Nevadagrrl
    Options
    I am just starting my 3rd week of P90X this morning. I love it. However, I did the Power 90 before I started this one because I wasn't in good enough shape to take on P90X. It does take motivation but you start feeling so good after the first few days that you just keep going. I haven't had one day that I wanted to quit.

I bought mine from the website. They charged me shipping and handling along with the product. Nothing wrong with Beachbody....I actually like them so much that I decided to become a coach with them and sell their products. I have bought, Power 90 and P90X and Turbo Jam for a friend of mine all before I decided to work with them. So its worth it to buy from them. P90X is strength training and cardio. If you are looking for something with more cardio you might want to try Turbo Jam or Insanity.

Oh...and its fine to do monthly payments. They charge you the shipping and handling with the first month (and I think it comes up to $52) then the $39.95 for the next two months.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    They do not charge you extra. If you want to go through someone that is a coach I have a friend you can order through.Also they do pmt plans that is how I got mine. I am almost done with it and love it. I also bought the P90X plus dvds when I got P90X and done a couple of those workouts. It is a great INVESTMENT. It breaks down to like $10 or so a DVD if you think about it. If you are going to order again I would go though some one you know that is a coach or again I can give you my friends beachbody to order through. THat is who I order through otherwise when you do order they will just automaticly give the credit to a ramdom coach and that coach may become a pain in your *kitten* with pressureing you with buying more products. If you have anyother question just shout. You should invest like i did and you will love it.

Tonya
  • gvcgoldmedal
    Options
    I've been an athlete all my life. Been through rigorous 2-day practices that last upwards of 8 hours (with a lunch break). I was an all state track runner and recruited to run in college. I tell you that so you'll understand when i say that P90x is the toughest workout progression I've ever tried, you'll believe me. It takes an incredible amount of patients and motivation. You will not be able to do all the stuff they do right away. The hardest part for me is the Yoga, which is roughly 90 minutes. Almost everything else is 60. I saw minimal results but I only lasted 30 days, and I've heard you really start churning off the weight and adding muscle after that. I couldn't keep up to be honest. I'll take the gym any day. But that should discourage you from giving it a try. Just be prepared to work your but off and make slow progress in the beginning. It is incredibly tough, but if you have the will its worth the investment.
  • kamsue101
    kamsue101 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started my first round of P90X on March 22 of this year. I am now on round 2. That's almost 6 months at a cost of about $135.00. Previously I have spent $250 for 6 months membership at the gym/health park. My results at the gym were minimal and after awhile it was very hard to make myself go there to work out. With P90X it is right in my home and I only have to go as far as my computer to find all the motivation I need. This site as well as beachbody.com are great motivators. The people on here are very supportive and a great place to keep track of your progress. Good luck, whatever you decide.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Have you checked E-bay and Craig's List? A friend's neighbor found it on Craig's List for $50. He has seen awesome results with the workout.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    The thing about buying it is that you have it forever. It's $120 (I think) which is maybe 6 half hour sessions with a personal trainer. In P90x you will learn weight training moves that you didn't use before (or at least I did) and you can use these DVDs as a workout even after the 90 days is up. I also got great results, well I am in the third phase so hoping to tone some more, but definitely P90x is great.

I think it is worth it, IMO. 120$ for a 12 dvds that will work you like never before? I'm pretty sure they have a money back guarantee anyway. :)

I don't know about the payment plan, but I don't think there is any extra charge to do so. The motivation is key though!! You need to WANT to do it. Also, it is about an hour-hour and a half a day, be ready for that! :)
  • trixygirl
    Options
    Beachbody is a great site. Great support and products. You can order it here http://beachbodycoach.com/trixygirl
  • diana_pat_10
    Options
    Hey there!!!

I have P90X at home...for sure you need to have a lot of motivation!! You just have to be dedicated to want to have a healthier lifestyle and willing to put in that hour, hour and a half a day!!! Personally for me workouts at night can be very tiring and you may not push yourself as hard as possible. I personally like getting up a little bit extra early and doing my workouts before I start my day!!

How is everyone else finding P90X?? I did a few circuts and ended up losing about 3inches..I am currently in school and with my course im taking over the summer things have just been so hectic. I maintained my weight while I have taken a break and now run twice a day. I am re-starting P90X on Saturday after my exam and this time am determined to finish it and see results.

How many people have finished all the workouts??

If your interested in some motivation and providing me with motivation with goals, and P90X....feel free to add me! :)
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Try to get it off craigslist, that's what I did and I only paid $60 instead of $150 or whatever
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hiya

Not sure about the financials - i stay in the UK and bought the DVDs for about £30 from Amazon. I have to say, like GvcGoldMedal - it is a really tough, progressive workout. I thought I was pretty fit - when I started P90X, i was able to do over 100 pushups and run sub 45mins 10ks without much difficulty - it's still hard to keep up day in day out- especially mentally. Just as if you keep one foot on land and one on the boat, you will fall in, same with P90X - you have to really go for it and not accept half measures.

It really works you all over and will sure find your weaknesses - the exercises really develop core strength, flexibility & some muscle groups you might not overly focus on. You'll get a great overall workout - i'm not sure about weight-loss - I'm looking to bulk up some more - it sure does make you hungry tho..... i'd hate to do it on a calorie deficit... The strength workouts are TOUGH, the plyo is killer - but amazing and the Kenpo is great fun.

Anyways, all in, it's an amazing investment - i'd easily say it's totally worth it and i'd pay double or treble if I i knew then what I knew now....
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You can split up your payments. My husband is a beachbody coach. Buying the DVD is straight forward and it comes with a money back guarantee. You can buy off my husband site @ http://www.teamwalkerfitness.com/ or buy from the beachbody web-site. Whichever you feel comfortable with.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    P90X may be an expensive one-time purchase, but in the long run its cheaper than montly gym memberships.

I inadvertently bought a bootleg copy for someone who told me they got an extra run for his birthday, but when I bought ChaLEAN Extreme off the BB site there was a TON of offers when I wanted to checkout. Very frustrating but you just click SKIP. I assume P90X is the same way.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I think you should give it a try.... it is definitely hard... but you can do anything you put your mind to!!! Just understand that in the beginning you may not be able to do everything and it may take you 90mins to do a 60min dvd, but each week you will get better and before you know it you will be keeping up with them and you will be looking and feeling GREAT!!! Im soooo happy i decided to get p90x and i cant wait for the new one that comes out in 2011!!!!