Friends and encouragement please!!

Options
I would love to meet some new friends and build a solid support team, so add me if you want to help out or also need some encouragement! :)

Replies

• dcarre_34
    dcarre_34 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi there... I just joined today and could use a support team as well. I have about 40 pounds to lose and finding it hard to lose just one! I just started the HCG diet. I need to keep strong mentally so I don't quit before I even start! Hang in there..
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'll be adding you both! The more support the better! :)
  • louboo23
    louboo23 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the add guys! After that first big weight loss the plateau freaking sucks! Lol
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Hi there girls, welcome aboard!! Been here straight for 155 days, add if you please :blushing:
  • ckendra38
    ckendra38 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did the HCG Diet about a year ago using HCG1234 you can purchase at walmart. It seemed to work as I lost 10lbs in 11 days. The only reason I stopped using it was because it costs $20 for a 15 day supply and even when taking it you have to live off of a 500 cal diet OR LESS. It almost seemed pointless to take the HCG formula because a 500 or less cal diet alone is enough to make you lose weight!

Please let me know how it works for you :)
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    HCG is quite possibly the worst thing you could do.

If gimmicks worked, wouldn't everybody be at a healthy weight?

OP, moderate calorie deficit, macros in line with your goals, lifting and some cardio and you'll see some great progress, weightloss and also in general body composition. It might be slower than HCG but it sure seems to be more sustainable. Gimmicks are one thing you never see in a success thread around here.
  • raymondstott
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, good luck with your goal.

Happy for the add if people want
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I've been here since January and lost 28lb - I eat back all my exercise calories, and use MFP's calorie estimates for all activities (so don't worry about a HRM or fitbit if you don't want to).

My top tip - get some food scales! If you weigh 200g potato, 75 g pasta and 40 g cereal you'll be amazed how small it is!