Really need a diet plan

Options
Hi, Just as the title says, I really need i diet plan i can stick to!
Will conside anything, Part from Fish, I cant stand fish, i do like prawns tho!
What something that is around 1000 cals a day, which is what im doing, but just eating the same thing day in day out is getting boring! Please help.......
So if anyone has a plan they follow and its working, please message me or comment on here
Thanks gemz! .x.

Replies

• tbrewer29
    Options
    I'm a new and don't have a diet plan either... What I have been doing to get meal ideas is viewing at some of my friends' diaries. I've seen some good ideas out there, too! Give that a try...

I hope this helps!

Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    My "plan" is pretty simple: Lean meats (chicken, turkey, fish), lots of fresh veggies & fruit, beans, whole grains (oatmeal, quinoa), low-fat dairy products (skim milk, cottage cheese, etc.). I eat as few processed foods as possible. To mix things up I'll sometimes have salads and sometimes wraps (both with meat) at lunch. Breakfasts are usually scrambled eggs (one whole egg plus egg whites) sometimes with ground turkey and usually with spinach added in. If I'm in a rush I'll have fruit, cereal with skim milk, but I prefer not to have cereal if I can avoid it.

For snacks I eat veggies, almonds, fruit, home-made smoothies, and lara bars.

I dont' believe in "cheating" so I will occasionally have a treat like ice cream, wine, part of a dark chocolate bar, etc. But I limit my portions and try to keep it to a few times a week - most importantly, I only eat it if I earned it through exercise or have calories left for the day.

A side note - 1000 calories isn't enough. Unless you're VERY short, 1200 calories is typically the minimum that is recommended. I'd recommend you stick to what MFP calculates for you, which won't be less that 1200 calories/day. I'm just shy of 5' 4", 208 lbs. and I eat 1200/day plus most of my exercise calories, and as long as I stick to it I lose pretty regularly.
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Dieting doesn't usually work, because any "diet" is restrictive and no fun, and it's extremely easy to fall off the wagon when you hate the diet you're doing. Besides, a diet works while you're on it, maybe, but if you don't learn how to eat healthy for life, you'll just regain whatever weight you lost once the diet is over. Also Your best bet would just be to utilize the tools on this website, especially the food diary. Cut back on foods that aren't so great for you, try to up your intake of vegetables and water. If you want to eat chocolate cake for lunch, eat chocolate cake, but monitor your portion and your caloric intake so you can fit cake in while still staying within your calorie goal. Also, exercise whenever you can. Exercise speeds up the metabolism, burns fat, and builds muscle which burns fat even more. Plus, the more you exercise, the more you get to eat! Many people on this site will agree, also, that you must net no less than 1200 calories per day, including exercise calories. Otherwise, your body could go into starvation mode and your metabolism will slow and you won't lose anything.
    Basically just focus on eating healthy, logging your calories, and exercising when you can
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Dieting doesn't usually work, because any "diet" is restrictive and no fun, and it's extremely easy to fall off the wagon when you hate the diet you're doing. Besides, a diet works while you're on it, maybe, but if you don't learn how to eat healthy for life, you'll just regain whatever weight you lost once the diet is over. Also Your best bet would just be to utilize the tools on this website, especially the food diary. Cut back on foods that aren't so great for you, try to up your intake of vegetables and water. If you want to eat chocolate cake for lunch, eat chocolate cake, but monitor your portion and your caloric intake so you can fit cake in while still staying within your calorie goal. Also, exercise whenever you can. Exercise speeds up the metabolism, burns fat, and builds muscle which burns fat even more. Plus, the more you exercise, the more you get to eat! Many people on this site will agree, also, that you must net no less than 1200 calories per day, including exercise calories. Otherwise, your body could go into starvation mode and your metabolism will slow and you won't lose anything.
    Basically just focus on eating healthy, logging your calories, and exercising when you can

WELL SAID!!
  • edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    My "plan" is pretty simple: Lean meats (chicken, turkey, fish), lots of fresh veggies & fruit, beans, whole grains (oatmeal, quinoa), low-fat dairy products (skim milk, cottage cheese, etc.). I eat as few processed foods as possible. To mix things up I'll sometimes have salads and sometimes wraps (both with meat) at lunch. Breakfasts are usually scrambled eggs (one whole egg plus egg whites) sometimes with ground turkey and usually with spinach added in. If I'm in a rush I'll have fruit, cereal with skim milk, but I prefer not to have cereal if I can avoid it.

For snacks I eat veggies, almonds, fruit, home-made smoothies, and lara bars.

I dont' believe in "cheating" so I will occasionally have a treat like ice cream, wine, part of a dark chocolate bar, etc. But I limit my portions and try to keep it to a few times a week - most importantly, I only eat it if I earned it through exercise or have calories left for the day.

A side note - 1000 calories isn't enough. Unless you're VERY short, 1200 calories is typically the minimum that is recommended. I'd recommend you stick to what MFP calculates for you, which won't be less that 1200 calories/day. I'm just shy of 5' 4", 208 lbs. and I eat 1200/day plus most of my exercise calories, and as long as I stick to it I lose pretty regularly.

I agree! Yes definetely need to be around 1200 or more a day because otherwise your body will "stockpile" those cals and you can actually gain weight or if you do lose from it the next time you eat more than 1200 you will start to gain. Eat 1200 plus at least 1/2 of your cals burned at least everyother day! Good luck!
  • jennarosewa
    Options
    1000 calories isnt very much, however, it is your body so you need to make decisions that is good for you. i would recomend that you up it to 1500 calories.. or up it by anything would be good. i used to eat onle one cheese stick per day and i remember how hungry i was and i would eat up caving from time to time. now, when i caved i usually had a half a sandwhich or something but still, i beat myself up all day for it. being on a diet is a mind and body thing. just remember that.

DIET PLAN:
    anyways, as far as a diet plan, i would divide all your calories up evenly amongst your meals. include protein like chicken or turkey, lots of vegetables, egg whites are good, some low fat cheese such as a mozerella cheese stick, exclude breads, stay away from fruits, dairy and sugar!! since you are wanting as much bang for your calories, you are going to want to ditch the sweets because sweets feed starch and starch makes you very hungry!! if you feel yourself in need of a creamy snack, opt for low fat plain greek yogurt, its not good tasting but you get used to it. i would say, because you are cutting out sugar, always keep a jug of minute maid light raspberry passion fruit juice in your fridge, it has 2 g of sugar, 15 calories for each 8 oz glass) it cures sugar cravings and its sooo good!

because you only want to consume 1000 calories per day, you arent giving your body much so it is so so important to feed it the best, which isnt going to give you much variation. expect the same thing 5 days a week. the reason i say this is because like it or not, our bodies dont want to loose weight! if you stop feeding it what it needs, you might loose a few pounds because you are cleansing your body but that weightloss will not continue.. atleast not in a healthy way.

WORKOUT:
    choose a good workout program video (most $10 at Walmart). i would suggest "The Biggest Loser The Workout: Last Chance Workout", its a 6 week workout program and its aimed to help you loose 30 pounds in 6 weeks! BUT thats only if you eat good! anywhere from 1500 to 2000 calories i would say, i'm doing 1850.

anyways, i hope this helps and i wish you good luck on your weightloss and all your goals!!!
    jenna :)
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Good for You for getting started!! I did a search for -- healthy eating plan -- and found lots of good info. One I thought especially helpful was WebMD. Lots of great articles, good advice, and a section called Healthy Eating & Diet has a feature called
    Diets A-Z. Diets A-Z has a list of the most popular diets and are links to explanations of how that diet works, pros and cons, samples of daily meal plan, etc. I checked out a couple and thought they were very well done.

I also recommend the Dr. Oz web site. I followed his "The Dr. Oz Ultimate Diet" action plan when I first started to clear my house of the "bad" stuff and to help me get motivated to do it right this time.

Two things that I think have helped me. I completely eliminated soda from my diet and drink only water, coffee, or tea. Because of this, I don't have the insane cravings I used to have. Also, I restrict the number of frozen dinners per week. Even the best of them has high sodium content so I'm trying to do this by cooking more of my own meals and not relying on processed food.

Forgot to mention. I only buy enough fresh food and meat for 3 days ... and do menu planning for those 3 days. This helps a lot. One, because I don't have a lot of food in the house that I can "snack" on except for veggies or yogurt. And, two, because I feel I'm being more proactive in fixing healthy meals.

Best of Luck to you!!