Boot Camps.... anyone try them?

Options
So tonight is my first night at a boot camp at one of our local parks. I'm pretty excited for it! I'll be doing the class twice a week for a month.

Has anyone tried a boot camp before? Did you like it?

Replies

• waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Oh! Boot camp in a park sounds fun! I've only done it indoors at my gym. I like it. It's something I do with my husband on Saturday mornings. We put the kids in the gym day care and think of it as a "hot and sweaty date". :-)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    The boot camp at my gym is at 5 o'clock in the morning and I think I have to pay for it :( Mreh.
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I did an outdoor one a few summers ago and really liked it... kinda feels like you are playing outside lol... sometimes they would take us to the volleyball courts and we would do drills in the sand... i did not enjoy that as much :(
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Love the classes! I do them twice a week at my gym. I get bored quickly and just when I think I can not stand it we switch to another exercise. Awesome work out if you have the right instructors!
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Wow... 5 am.. now that really is Boot Camp. Our gym has it at 10am on Saturdays. I was disappointed that I didn't get to go this weekend because our daughter was sick with a cold. But my husband went without me and they had a plank contest. My husband held a plank for 8 minutes competing with a much younger guy until the trainers ended the contest. Sheesh. I'm sad I missed it. I can barely hold one for a full minute.
  • cjjohnson
    cjjohnson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do one at my gym. 3 days a week for and hour each. I love it! totally worth every penny!
  • djgirl83
    djgirl83 Posts: 4
    Options
    Well I'm happy to report that my first class went great... and the sun was shining! :) Had a great workout!.... tough but great! I'm having a hard time walking this morning but I'm keeping my eye on the end result!

It was great to see other opinions. Some friends had warned me that there would be cheesy yelling at boot camp... but there wasn't any. He's a great trainer who is very motivating. Makes losing wait a whole lotta fun! It's nice when you're with a group of people who are in the same boat and who don't care about how they look when working out. Better than being at the gym with the beefcakes and girls with full makeup.
  • mariasal
    Options
    I have been doing a fitness bootcamp for the last 6 weeks. I have lost 9 lbs and can tell where muscle has most definitely been gained. When we did assessment after a month I had lost an inch of my waist and an inch of my hips. I love it and am completely addicted. I had been doing 3 days a week but am going to switch to 4 days per week at the end of the month. I feel like I have hit a wall in weight loss right now. The scale is keeping me at the same dang number which is frustrating, I just have to remind myself this is part of the process. I know muscle weighs more than fat and all that, but I wish the scale would be more kind. Boot Camp Rocks . . . best thing I have ever done!