INSANITY-Fit test!

Options
I just did my Insanity Fit Test and though right after I was exhausted (and definitely during I was panting and breathless!) I'm not sure whether or not I did well, poorly...On some of the exercises I was right on target with the example people!

What experiences did others have with their first fit test??

Replies

• PattyC64
    PattyC64 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I burned over 200 calories on the fit-test alone! I find it really hard, but it's only purpose is to compare to yourself at a later date. There's no pass/fail.

I found that I improved with every exercise except the first, which stayed the same (I just did the 3rd fit-test at the start of month 2).

I can't do the push-up jacks. In my version, my arms bend slightly. I would really disappoint a marine drill sargent ;) My power jumps are also pitiful. But I'm only comparing my own progress and I'm not being compared to the people on the screen.

Good luck and stick with it!
  • jkrebs4
    jkrebs4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I can't do the push-up jacks either...SO pitiful! I've never been able to do a real push-up so I'm not at all surprised!
  • filemanager
    filemanager Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I can't do a real push-up either, so I did the leg part of the push-up jacks, and just like.. tried to bend my arms a little. lol. I'm pitiful too. hahahaha. I don't have an HRM, so I just put "aerobics, high intensity" in MFP.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I can't do the push-up jacks either...SO pitiful! I've never been able to do a real push-up so I'm not at all surprised!

i did 6 push up jacks at my first fit test.... 23 in my last one.

if you kept up with the people on screen you must have a really good level of fitness to start with so you'll be fine with insanity!
  • markdavies120
    markdavies120 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i did the fit test and couldn't walk for 4 days without the pain! i play sports and go to the gym as well :'(

Just aim to perform the different routines in a correct manner. It doesn't matter at first if you dont do lots of each one but about getting the motions correct as that is what they are targeting. as you continue and your fitness improves, you will be able to do more but correctly.
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The fit test almost killed me! :-)
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    The next time you take your fit test, you will be able to compare. There is no good or bad. It gives you a picture of where you started and where you are each stage!