what weight and size do i look, 6 weeks post-partum

Options
ok so i had my baby almost 6 weeks ago and im now wanting to get back into shape. but i still see myself as a big saggy fatty! im wanting to know what the general public would see me as so i know what size to aim for thanks

this is me today....

me6weekson_zps70d7de23.jpg

Replies

• Pinkemi
    Pinkemi Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I would be pretty happy to have a body like yours!! :)
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! 6 weeks postpartum and you would never guess you've just had a baby. Took me 2 years!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    you look pretty damn good for 6 weeks post partum... in fact you don't look post partum at all.

don't put pressure on yourself to look any particular way or to get back to a pre-pregnancy weight quickly.... what's most important is that you focus on your health and the health of your baby. Get back into exercise when you get the all-clear to do so medically, eat well (if you're breastfeeding eat enough to keep your milk supply up) and remember that this is not a race. There's no rush, just be healthy.
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    You look great for a woman who had a baby only 6 weeks ago I has a massive pouch for months after wards.
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Are you serious???? I had my last of 5, 9 years ago and I dont look as good as this!!!!
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    this was my 4th in 5years so it seems to be taking me longer to feel normal again this time. and lately i just cant stand to look in the mirror after getting to my perfect weight just before i fell pregnant so im just struggling to see a bigger me daily atm
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    this was my 4th in 5years so it seems to be taking me longer to feel normal again this time. and lately i just cant stand to look in the mirror after getting to my perfect weight just before i fell pregnant so im just struggling to see a bigger me daily atm

if thats 'bigger' you must have been tiny before!
  • Maija1985
    Maija1985 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think u look great as it is- impossible to tell u had a baby 6wks ago. Cant believe u have had 4 kids within 5yrs- you look great :flowerforyou:
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    OMG - You had a baby 6 weeks ago, and you look amazing

; )
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

try to see yourself how your kids see you... a 100% beautiful mother who is their whole world

seriously, give yourself a break. Focus on your baby and being healthy, and worry about your "perfect weight" later. You are clearly a healthy weight and you look great. Enjoy your little 6 week old baby, they don't stay that tiny for long. Love yourself for who you are, not a number on the scale!!
  • TamaraB70
    TamaraB70 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I would guess you to be between 110 and 120 and a size 6 or 8 max
  • sdpeklo
    sdpeklo Posts: 82
    Options
    Congrats on the baby. You look like a size 4 or 6. You look Tiny and never would have guessed 4 in 5 years or 1 ..6 weeks ago. I had 2 in 26 months and still don't have your shape. : )
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you are working out with a post pregnancy tape (watch those stomach muscles- they have been stretched for 9 months)or working on a post pregnancy workout of some type. And just keep it up. Lots of water and you will be fine. It has only been 6 weeks. You were pregnant for a lot longer than that and your hormones haven't finished leveling out yet.

Just be smart with what ever you do.
  • hardlygraceful
    Options
    Seriously? Only 6 weeks?! You look fantastic! I guess if I had to estimate your weight without knowing your height, I'd guess around 125-130.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    if you are a big saggy fatty, i must be a giant blob of nastyness..
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You look like that 6 week post-partum after your FOURTH child?! Girl, I would kill for genes like that. You look fantastic.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I would put you at MAX UK size 10. I haven't been as small as you since I got married. I doubt you need to lose weight, just slowly tone your stomach back up - gently!
  • bslaf
    bslaf Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i'd say about 130 and very bangable
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hey hun, First of congrats on your new born. Ive just had baby to she's now 10 weeks 2days.

But i must say you look fab compared to me. Im 201lbs i had lost 2 stone before i got pregnant and gain it all back :(.

I think all you need it a bit of toning nothing huge. Remember you've not long had a baby either and from what my health vistor said guessing depending on how much i weight from others she said could take me up to a year to loose it all..since you still have alot of fluid pumping around your body from being pregnant.

Hope you get some good advice from others to lol. xxxxx
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I'm actually 5'8.5 and reading this makes me feel alot better about myself