3 weeks post baby body and getting married in 3 months

Options
Hi all. I gave birth to my little girl 3 weeks and 4 days ago. I ended up having to have her by C-section same as my little boy who is 3.5years old. I had lost 35 pound or 16.3kg before falling pregnant and now am almost back to where I was. I am currently 27 pound or 12.3kg more than what I had been before falling pregnant. I would love to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight for my wedding on the 24th of August but with having had a C-section I am a little restricted on what exercising I can do for the next month. :ohwell: hopefully I can but I am not going to harm my health to do it.

Replies

• klharris1984
    Options
    Hey, I had my baby girl 8 months ago. Initially for the first 6 weeks I just walked and ate healthy cut out all junk and didn't eat carbs after 3pm. When I got approval from my doctor I did stair climbing and biking on a stationary bike when she would take her naps. This helped amazingly. I started at 235 end of Sept was 192 by Christmas and 8 months later I am 150. You have to start slow but it works. Feel free to add me I also did other little tricks quick workout as it can be harder with the baby. Congrats on your little one!
  • laurajethan
    laurajethan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have had a bit of drama's with the cut healing. On the skin level the Dr over lapped some skin when he stapled it closed and every time I try to do anything it tears and is very painful plus was badly bruised from trying to do to much in the first few days after having C-section done. Oh well feeling a lot better now 4 weeks on
  • saggi2u
    saggi2u Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with my first C Section. Overlapped skin and the stiches coming off. Even after 3 CSecs, I can still tell and feel the spot with open stitches. May be give it a couple more weeks to start your exercise regime. Let it heal. You do not want to struggle against your body. Focus more on making healthy choices when it comes to food! And then with your Dr's permission start slow! Good luck!
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I agree with just making healthy choices at this point. Your body is also dealing with just having a baby, so you still got hormonal changes and a newborn, so don't drop your cals too low. Protein will help keep you fuller longer.

Congrats!
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    my advice would be to concentrate on just staying healthy, enjoying your baby and planning your big day.
    i think, with only 3 months and your problem scar, you're far better off going for the super supportive underwear for your big day. the stuff is magic and, for one day only, they can make you look how you want to look.
    once the big day is done, baby is in a routine and you've had longer to heal you'll be able to really concentrate on slimming & toning.

but that's just what i'd do.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your little one! You have to work with your situation and just work that much harder (the healthy way) when you are able to work out! Keep mindful of your caloric intake and work it off!! Good luck! To be honest, there's no shame in the amount you need to lose, and you should be able to do so fairly easily...esp if you've done it b/4. Good luck!
  • jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    my advice would be to concentrate on just staying healthy, enjoying your baby and planning your big day.
    i think, with only 3 months and your problem scar, you're far better off going for the super supportive underwear for your big day. the stuff is magic and, for one day only, they can make you look how you want to look.
    once the big day is done, baby is in a routine and you've had longer to heal you'll be able to really concentrate on slimming & toning.

but that's just what i'd do.

^^ This. Many congratulations on your baby and upcoming wedding! But I agree with just staying healthy and using shapewear for the day if you want an immediate 'change' in size or shape. At 3 months pp I was proud if I had clean clothes and brushed my hair...! So hats off to you for going full on into such a wonderful celebration. Let yourself get carried away with the newborn loveliness and wedding excitement and the rest will follow in due course :smile:
  • hawley_21
    hawley_21 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, just focus on making healthy choices and getting as much rest as you can! It will start falling off and then once you're good & healed, start out slow with some walking or yoga. I always hear that weight loss is 80% nutrition so don't even worry about the exercise at this point! =)
  • fitznewme2013
    Options
    congrats on the new baby and your upcoming wedding! I know your excited to get to where you wanna be for your wedding but don't try to over do it. As im sure you have heard many times you just had major surgery and over doing it will only hurt you in the long run. I would start off by eating healthy and take your new baby for walks. Start slow and short and build yourself up. No matter what you will look beautiful on your wedding day!
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I gave birth to my little girl 3 weeks and 4 days ago. I ended up having to have her by C-section same as my little boy who is 3.5years old. I had lost 35 pound or 16.3kg before falling pregnant and now am almost back to where I was. I am currently 27 pound or 12.3kg more than what I had been before falling pregnant. I would love to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight for my wedding on the 24th of August but with having had a C-section I am a little restricted on what exercising I can do for the next month. :ohwell: hopefully I can but I am not going to harm my health to do it.

you're not supposed to exercise for the first 6 weeks. At least this is how it is where I live
  • NewMomNewME24
    NewMomNewME24 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby!!! I had a similar situation with my c-section with stitches coming loose, I can still feel the difference in the scar. I would focus more on nutritition at this point because you are only 3 weeks post baby. If you can, take your little one for walks but don't over do it or push yourself. Are you breastfeeding? If you are I heard that helps with weight loss (I had a hard time breast feeding) but if you are make sure you are eating enough for the two of you.

I was lazy getting back into shape after my pregnancy (which I ate WAYYYY too much), but I finally had enough and I on my way back to my pre-prego weight.

Good Luck to you, and Congrats on your upcoming wedding as well!!! :)
  • glovepuppet
    Options

you're not supposed to exercise for the first 6 weeks. At least this is how it is where I live
    same here. gotta get signed off at your 6 week check up.
    until then it's nothing but the gentle physio exercises prescribed.
  • laurajethan
    laurajethan Posts: 50 Member
    Options

same here. gotta get signed off at your 6 week check up.
    until then it's nothing but the gentle physio exercises prescribed.

Thanks for all the advice

All I have been aloud to do is walking on flat with a gentle incline ok. I am struggling with getting calories right with breastfeeding. I keep getting conflicting amounts I should be consuming and with having PCOS if I eat more than 1200 cals I pile on the weight no matter how much exercise I do but if I eat 1200 cals it effects my milk supply.

I am falling off the wagon with the eating cause I am not seeing any difference. I am 6 weeks postpartum now and don't see dr till next week to see if I am good to go with more exercise but I don't think they will let me for a few more weeks as the skin leave is still weeping in the section it over laps.
  • glovepuppet
    Options
    That sounds pretty frustrating. I just want to say that you rock! Picking breast feeding over dieting is a great thing to do for your kid.