Healthy sugar?

Options
I am struggling with my coffee in the morning..I really dont want to give it up... I gave up diet soda..sweets.. My coffee is something I truly enjoy in the morning... I switched to sugar free creamer...but catch myself adding more into it to get that sweet taste.. causing the calories to rise.. Is there a healthy sugar? They have tons of sugar on the market now.. Like truvia? or nectrese?something that is natural that wont cause me to stall or gain?

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Splenda, stevia, whatever fits your macros
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Use whatever you prefer.

Adding sugar to your coffee will not make you gain weight unless you add enough to cause you to go above your TDEE.

Use sugar, brown sugar, stevia, truvia, splenda, honey, sweet n low, equal, etc etc etc.

You also don't have to cut out diet pop, sweets, etc.
  • EmzGetsFit
    Options
    I just put sugar in my coffee, tried sweetener/stevia and it just didnt taste right so I have my coffee with real sugar and a drop of milk, just how I've always enjoyed it! I just add the calories to my diary and move on with my day. It's only 50cals so no big deal really.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Just use sugar?
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I use Sweetleaf stevia drops in vanilla creme. My husband uses pure grade B maple syrup. My son uses raw evaporated cane juice. Experiment with different natural sweeteners. I'd stay as far away from flavored creamers as you can get. For us, we use raw cream, straight from the cow. But, I know that's not for everybody. Good luck!
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You could try real cream with it and maybe a dash of sugar. I'm finding that cream goes a long way (not talking about 'fat free half and half, which is I think that I cannot understand no matter how many times I see the words)

Or just try a little less sugar each day.
  • Longisland2NC
    Longisland2NC Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have given up alot of things....but my Morning COFFEE with my FF vanilla creamer and milk is NOT one of them <g>

If you try and watch your sugar intake from all the rest of your foods/beverages during the day, I think you would ok to drink your coffee they way you like it.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    If you are going over your calorie limit from too much sugar, then try a sweetener or coconut milk.
  • BabyCerise
    BabyCerise Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You should try agave syrup ! I sometimes put in in my coffee and it's like sugar, but healthier.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    sugar is devil spawn and sweeteners are POISON!

cut it all out or you WILL DIE!!.....

Lol, sugar is essential to humans...

You get what you need in fruit i agree with her ^^^^ ahhahahah
  • pagermain
    pagermain Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the aftertaste of the artificial sweeteners (or even stevia), and I try to eat things that are natural. I use Agave or raw sugar when I want a bit of sweetness added to my coffee or tea. I just make sure to stay within that day's calories.
  • ashleyyerxa
    Options
    I like coconut sugar but I agree with the others who say that if you watch the rest of your sugar intake that a little in your morning coffee probably won't hurt :)
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    You should try agave syrup ! I sometimes put in in my coffee and it's like sugar, but healthier.

Bah!

This junk should be banned. With problems in the agave harvest, wasting it as a sweetener is only making tequila more expensive. We need cheap tequila more than we need another trendy sweetener.
  • cilu90
    cilu90 Posts: 31
    Options
    I just put sugar in my coffee, tried sweetener/stevia and it just didnt taste right so I have my coffee with real sugar and a drop of milk, just how I've always enjoyed it! I just add the calories to my diary and move on with my day. It's only 50cals so no big deal really.

This^^^. No sugar in my coffee would make me give up coffee, which some people would say was a good choice, but I'm personally not ready for that. Most of the sweetners out there and a lot of the flavored creamers are TOO sweet, or have a subtle taste that I dont care for. So back to 1/2 and 1/2 or whole milk and sugar I go. But I did manage to cut back gradually, over time, to one cube and 1 tablespoon of milk. Your taste buds can be trained to crave less sugar. I am also from the "land of lattes" (espresso stands on every corner- Washington state) so when I stop with friends, I usually get a small cappucino with cinnamon added instead of the high calorie lattes. And it sounds so sophisticated.:tongue:
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

Bah!

This junk should be banned. With problems in the agave harvest, wasting it as a sweetener is only making tequila more expensive. We need cheap tequila more than we need another trendy sweetener.

Says who - let the market decide.
  • cilu90
    cilu90 Posts: 31
    Options
    You could try real cream with it and maybe a dash of sugar. I'm finding that cream goes a long way (not talking about 'fat free half and half, which is I think that I cannot understand no matter how many times I see the words)

Or just try a little less sugar each day.

Totally agree! Fat free half and half cracks me up! It has more sugar in it it, too.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I use Truvia, I find it tastes better than Splenda or other sweeteners.
  • rmsturdy
    rmsturdy Posts: 73
    Options
    Agave syrup! It's a natural sweetener so it's better for you that processed white sugar.
  • Kvose70
    Kvose70 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you for the replies.. I will try a few...thank you...
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    We need cheap tequila more than we need another trendy sweetener.
    Truth.

I'd say if you want a natural sweetener try honey except I'm not sure honey and coffee go together.