what to do here

Options
juliegrey1
juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
I have discovered a great green smoothie,it was shared with me on FB,problem is I calculate the calories are about 193 cals per serving!I usually count this into my daily calories,but I dont find smoothies very filling,its fine on the days Im very active but I find it drives my calories way up and I go way over,Im just wondering if I should stop drinking t!I very rarely eat any kind of sweets my diet is pretty good,is it too much of a good thing? this is it

Ripe Avocado
fresh Mint
Fresh Spinach
Honey
Cold water
chopped root ginger
Apple cyder vinegar

Whizzed together in blender!

Replies

• kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    It looks pretty healthy to me (hopefully I'm not overlooking anything) but I don't know why the calories are so high! Are you sure the serving size isn't just very large?
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    How much honey are you using? The major calorie source I see is avocado, not sweets. I find a green smoothie without fruit to be blasphemous! If something like that is making you go over your calories then I suggest cutting back on something else you're eating because I don't see why people should worry or feel penalized for eating fresh produce (and honey in this case). Is the rest of your meal plan healthier than that? I doubt it so cut back on something else.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    :huh:
    I don't understand what's wrong with it.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    If a 193-calorie snack drives you "way over" your day's calories when you aren't exercising, you either need to save it for the days you work out, or perhaps up your calories in general. Incorporating a 200-ish calorie smoothie shouldn't be that difficult--what is your daily net goal?
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Serving size here is a wineglass! I know its the avocado,its such a nice start to the day, I dont understand too much about the net calories I try to stick as near to 1600 cals a day and I cycle 12 miles at least 3 days a week so fairly active!
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Its the avo and yes you need to count it. Sorry lol
  • llestok
    llestok Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What are the quanties of each for the recipe or do you just wing it? You said a wine glass, so presume 6 ounces is the size...unless you are like me and have 12-16 oz wine glasses, lol.