How Do You Measure Your Progress?

Options
I gave away my weighing scales last week. I realised that I feel so happy when I'm eating healthily and working out, until the dreaded 'weigh-in Wednesday' when I step on the scales and haven't lost very much at all (or at least not as much as my friends are losing on specific diets). That sets me back for at least a day because I get to thinking "why bother to do all that work for a measly pound here and there?" So no more weighing for me, I'll use other methods instead. This got me wondering, what do other people do to measure their progress?

Replies

• SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I still get on the scale, but mostly I see my progress with how my clothes fit, how my stomach doesn't look like the end of the first trimester after dinner, and I guess the fact that people notice. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and think "Yes! The scale will move today!" and it doesn't. But I still felt that good, and looked that good, so it's progress.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I measure with the scale, but my most satisfying measure is how my belt fits. I wear the same belt everyday, and I've watched it as it slowly moved from the third hole all the way to the sixth, and how the sixth is fitting loosely now. (: The holes are about an inch apart!