Update on my David's Bridal Excursion *HUGE stupid grin

Options
My very first trip to try on dresses was in November 2012 in Phoenix with my bride and the rest of the bridal party. We had a really good time meeting each other but I felt like a cow. Size 16s were tight and size 18s were too big, it was just not a fun time. This was before I switched out my medication and was still having a very hard time losing weight. Every dress I tried on, I felt horrible in. But I did it for her.

I went back to my local David's Bridal in March, I tried on a bridal size 12 (only size they had in this style) and it only zipped halfway. We clipped it the rest of the way. At this point, I was at the beginning of my journey and had only lost maybe 5-6 lbs. I probably was actually a bridal size 16.

Saturday, the salesgirl gave me a bunch of dresses. The first one I tried on was the style that I was pretty sure that I would be buying as my MOH dress in the size 12 that I hoped that I could fit into all the way without issues. My friend that came with me zipped me up and it zipped all the way... but I could not breathe. AT ALL. I was thinking to myself... this is not right. I worked really hard, something is not right. And that's when they told me... "that dress is a size 10" I damn near burst into tears.

Then I put on the size 12... and it fit. Perfectly. I could breathe. My boobs could breathe. I felt comfortable. I didn't want to cry because I felt like a giant cow.

I sent a picture to my bride... she started laughing. She sent me a picture back. Apparently, the dress I ended up choosing was the same dress I absolutely hated (she loved) back in November. So, I ordered my dress (mine will be in a dark purple color, bridesmaids will be wearing the light purple).

I cant believe I am posting this before picture because it is just plain awful but I kind of have to...

Ok, this is the dress from back in November. Probably a size 16 or even possibly an 18. I blocked it out lol,

1006231_10152883363970524_751700995_n.jpg

Same dress on Saturday in a size 12... and a very happy me

1003673_10152883334820524_1744474150_n.jpg

Replies

• meghanmaeandrews
    meghanmaeandrews Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! way to Go!!!
  • Footballgirl83
    Options
    i can't see the second pic..
  • raechambers88
    raechambers88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Both of those colors look great on you as well. Well done!
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    i can't see the second pic..

Anyone else having a problem with the 2nd pic?
  • MommaChocoLatte
    Options
    You look amazing! Both of those colors look great on you as well. Well done!

Thank you! I really liked the blue too.. sadly, it's not one of our colors Lol! But I get to wear dark purple which is my fave color so Im happy!
  • happyheathen927
    happyheathen927 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Nope, I see them both and you look fabulous!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing that same dress in "Pewter" as a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding in September! :)

You look great! (Much better than I do in it. :ohwell: )
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congratulations!
  • starmickey03
    starmickey03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Whoa!
    Thats an awesome transformation. Congrats!!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I can see both :) You look great!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Congrats! =)
  • Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You look fahhhbulous! Great job.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    Options
    Thanks guys! Now that I've ordered it, I hope I don't have to take it in too much by go time!
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC and congrats on meeting your goal! Rock star!!!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Doin the happy dance with you! Congratulations!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Congratulations what a great job you did and you look beautiful P.S. I can see both pictures
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Great job! I hate bridal sizing - it always makes me feel huge.
  • hatkinson87
    Options
    Wonderful job!! It can be so not fun to try on dresses for a wedding when you don't feel confidant in how you look! I've done it before and I was mortified! Congrats to you though! You look awesome!! :)
  • Amethyst125
    Amethyst125 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! I am so happy for you. It seems strange that sometimes we hate clothes but lose a little weight and they look great on us.
    Thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!