Consistently INCONSISTENT

Options
AlishaDTM
AlishaDTM Posts: 12 Member
Hello everyone! I am consistently inconsistent! That title has taken place of my name. I thought I could join MFP and utilize all of it's helpful tools without the help of others...however, that has proven to be an epic fail. I now see the importance of adding friends, so this is my plea. I need help reaching my goal and need the MFP community to help me get there. I do have support at home, but my hubby does not want to count calories and thinks that my steps should be a bit more simple...a sort of eat this and not that approach. I also have friends who always hit me with: " You don't look like you need to lose weight." I guess I can understand their statement, since they can only see my camouflaged appearance. Body shapers have become my best friends as well as my worst enemy. They are the type of 'friends' that suck you in and don't want to let go...a pretty painful relationship, I tell you LOL!

My first goal is to log my intake for a consecutive 21 days, as studies show this to be the minimum amount of time required to create a habit. My weight loss goal is to lose 24 lbs. and do what's needed to help me maintain a healthy weight upon reaching that goal. If you would like to help me reach my goals, please add/send me a request!

Replies

• mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Good for you:). My advice is keep it as simple as possible, be strong in your convictions, and log every day!
  • AlishaDTM
    AlishaDTM Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks mandywe!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    At first, logging will probably feel like a chore. I know that for the first month, all I could do was think about food and logging. I was going crazy! It felt like such a hassle having to put it all in my phone. But after that month, I found logging came easily. Now, six months later, it is habit! I do it without thinking. Don't sweat the logging, because it will definitely come easily after a while!

Best of luck!
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! You know exactly what it takes, now is to just do it!!
  • Adobogirl
    Adobogirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! Consistenly inconsistent! Let's support each other!