Healthy - Low Cal recipes anyone?

Options
ErinMarie3877
ErinMarie3877 Posts: 9 Member
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to find healthy, good tasting, low calorie dinner recipes that my husband and I could eat.
I can find low calorie foods, but they don't sound to yummy or filling. PLEASE HELP!!
If you have websites I can search or just a really good recipe that you and your family love ~ please share! Thanks!

Replies

• daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Check out www.hungrygirl.com that website is awesome, there is everything from breakfasts to dinners to deserts and even snacks and appetizers too!
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com

Awesome blog with TASTY recipes that are healthy and fairly low-cal. It's my favorite, and my go-to!
  • daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Also I have an awesome taco salad that is low calorie.....

4 oz of 99% lean ground turkey
    lettuce (1 cup)
    tomato (1 slice)
    ff cheese (1/4 cup)
    sour cream (2 tbls)
    salsa (to taste)
    taco seasoning

The whole thing is under 250 calories, its awesome and really big too :)
  • ErinMarie3877
    Options
    Thanks daisymae850 ~ I think I'm going to make this tonight ~ sounds awesome!:happy:
  • SusanDugas
    SusanDugas Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I keep my successful food creation recipes here: http://foodartcreation.wordpress.com/
    They are posted with nutrition details obtained via My Fitness Pal.
  • sbatz111
    sbatz111 Posts: 35
    Options
    For a snack, I spread 1 tablespoon pasta sauce and half a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese on a rice cake. Microwave for 20 seconds, and you have a mini pizza for about 65 calories.
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options

lettuce (1 cup)
    tomato (1 slice)
    ff cheese (1/4 cup)
    sour cream (2 tbls)
    salsa (to taste)
    taco seasoning

this sounds great and i am inspired to make it tonight as well. my only thing is i have to have some crunch. sol maybe add a few tortilla chips? dont like ff cheese so what if i use ff sour cream insteaad?
  • heathermarnold
    heathermarnold Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    emilybites.com is also another great website. She posts all her recipes with WW points and nutritional data from MFP.
  • SidsMom80
    SidsMom80 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Cookinglight.com has some great recipes that include all the nutritional and serving size info. Also you can check out pinterest and search under 400 calorie meals.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options

lettuce (1 cup)
    tomato (1 slice)
    ff cheese (1/4 cup)
    sour cream (2 tbls)
    salsa (to taste)
    taco seasoning

Swap the sour cream for non-fat Greek Yogurt for even lower calories and higher protein and use some baby spinach with the lettuce for more vitamins and fiber.
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite-go to meal is a Philly Chicken Sandwich. I use a whole wheat light bun 100 cal, grilled chicken, peppers, onions, mushrooms, lowfat swiss cheese, and spread one laughing cow lt swiss on the bun. I saute all the veggies with no oil, added my precooked grilled chicken at the end just to heat through and serve! Super easy dinner in 15 or less. The veggies are moist enough so I don't need mayo, and the cheese melts just right, the laughing cow adds that extra punch of creaminess. I come in at just below 400 and it is alot of food--my chicken and veggies always overspills the bun...bonus yummies to fill you up and keep you satisfied. The stirfry is good enough to lose the bun all together if you want to low carb it.:smile: Plus you can make alot of different variations to keep it exciting. Skip the cheese, add Chopped spinach, other low cal veggies (zucchini, tomatoes) serve with a little brown rice or whole grain pasta.
  • ErinMarie3877
    Options
    This sounds amazing!! I will for sure have to give this one a try! Thanks for the recipe!
  • Dixie2111
    Dixie2111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This lady produces amazing recipes and you will just have to count them into your daily allowance but they do turn out good. You don't have to be a vegan to enjoy them, and once or twice a week to replace meat will be a healthy option anyway. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mouthwatering-Vegan-Recipes/149224498449227
  • sjbuescher
    sjbuescher Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Something fills us up and can be low cal depending on our add ins - we like to make a big pot of rice, and some weeks some beans - and then one or two nights a week we'll make a meat to add in, and then maybe some veggie add ins.

For example, last night we made some whole grain rice, mixed in some black beans, and grilled shrimp, asparagus, mushrooms, and green pepper on the grill and mized it all together. So yummy and very filling! You can use rice as a base for just about anything and it's filling, cheap, and can turn into quite the tasty healthy meal.
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Definitely skinnytaste.com and emilybites.com. I keep the recipes I like in a recipe app on my iPad. Almost every recipe I've made from these websites does not taste low calorie - they are so delicious!

My faves for dinner:
    from Skinnytaste:
    meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting
    crockpot honey sesame chicken
    chicken quesadillas with avocado mango salsa
    blue cheese dressing (for salads)
    Chicken panini with arugula
    Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
    Skinny Potato Gratin
    Swedish Meatballs
    Zucchini Tots

from Emily Bites:
    Lasagna Cupcakes
    Spaghetti and Meatball Cups
    Breakfast Hash Brown Cups
    Enchilada Cupcakes
    Berries and Cream Cinnamon Dessert Cups
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options

lettuce (1 cup)
    tomato (1 slice)
    ff cheese (1/4 cup)
    sour cream (2 tbls)
    salsa (to taste)
    taco seasoning

Swap the sour cream for non-fat Greek Yogurt for even lower calories and higher protein and use some baby spinach with the lettuce for more vitamins and fiber.

LOVE this idea!!