New here . Need motivation

Options
Hi, i lost 13 lb in 11 weeks but since then, (2 weeks ago) i have gained 3lb!! i joined today to keep track of my weight loss and to try get back on track. I tried on paper but it got tedious and boring. Need some motivation from people in the same position. Any tips to get back on track would be greatly welcome :)

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the program. :smile: Just keep tracking your food and excercise
    and you will receive comments to keep you motivated.
    Good job on your weight loss so far.:happy:
  • Katy213
    Katy213 Posts: 45
    Options
    I've just joined too, think it will help to keep focussed by having to input everything on here :smile: Good luck!
  • katamiller
    Options
    good luck!! Just put yourself #1 ~~ hard to do I know!!! But IF you don't take care of YOU ... no one else will... YOU can do it!!!
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    Thank you. Yea katy it seems pointless inputting everything on here if i'm just going to pig out on chocolate :) hope your weight loss goes well :) x
  • bbraun
    bbraun Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Keeping track of everything on here really does help to keep you focused and motivated. Especially with all of the great people helping to support your efforts. I was reading a diet book once - can't remember which one at the moment but I came a across a great piece of advice. It said that many people when they fall off of thier diets feel guilty and then give up completely . (Been there - done that!) Instead we should remember that we are human and we are going to make mistakes. Instead of giving up - learn from it and try again tomorrow - eventually you will have more days where you succeed.
  • caroeden
    caroeden Posts: 31
    Options
    Dellymum, here's the thing. Why are you being so defeatist? You aren't going to just pig out on chocolate. And if you do, so what? You'll do fine the next day. The point of keeping track is so that you know that you ARE pigging out on chocolate and that is what is the problem with why you aren't losing weight.

Just stay positive!
  • Garfy
    Garfy Posts: 41
    Options
    Good luck ! I've added you as a friend for you to accept if you wish :)

The key thing I've learned the most from this site is portion control.

Also, this is a lifestyle change, rather than a diet. If you look at it that way, then it doesn't matter if you only maintain your loss some weeks, especially if you've had a party to go to etc. It's all about moderation & learning what the impact of a 'good bar of chocolate' is (or in my case a box of cadbury chocolate fingers) & what you need to do the rest of the week to keep on track.

If you deny yourself treats you won't keep it up & will end up feeling deprived.

I hope that makes sense.
  • Maritz81
    Options
    Everyday is a stuggle when you are trying to change what you do best. Believe me when i say i can completley understand how hard it is. Stay focused on what your goal is. Remember that it is not a diet it is a lifestyle change.

So you have gained 3 pounds. Look at what you ate, last week to see if what you ate or what you drank to make you gain 3lbs back.

Below are some good tips i use:

1. Water weight always fluctuates, so dont' get discouraged.
    2. Weigh your self at the same time, i weigh myself every other monday morning before work
  • carfam07
    carfam07 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    HI, I am new here too. I like the way we can track our calories and all on this site and it is so... much easier than pencil and paper for me.
    Good luck to you and I know we can do it!