calories confused???

Options
Ok so example

If i change my calorie intake to 1500 calories , burn 460 exercising that decreases to 1040 so to reach 1200 calories I would eat 160 to make sure my body is not in starvation mode correct? my deficit 1710calories???

mrsbelindagrant

Replies

• tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    If you have MFP set to 1500 daily caloric intake and burn 460 you will add to 1960 ,the MFP already calculates your daily caloric burn with out exercise ,you need to eat as much of your exercise calories back as possible,make sense?:smile:
  • bebegettingtheweightoff
    Options
    yes thanks so much!
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    In short, yes. But, you need to find out for sure if 1200 should be your base or minimum. You may need more for you personally. Also, it is a myth that you will instantly go into "starvation mode". It would have to be habitual, but you should remain consistant with the number of calories you eat as your base and then eat your exercise calories (I eat most of them usually not all). Hope that helps.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Its hard to determine what you are asking. If you changed your intake in your goals to 1500 and burned 460 you should eat all 1960 to reach your goal intake.

If on one day you already ate 1500 and your normal intake is 1200 and you burned 460 you would try to consume all 1660 which on this day would be another 160. But I'm not sure if this is what you are asking.

If you have a deficit of 1710 you should eat 710 to get your deficit back to 1000 (2 pounds per week pro rated)

I hope I answered your question, if not please clarify.
  • YessySo1987
    Options
    I'm so confused with this as well! My calorie intake to loose 2 lbs a week is at 1,200. I just don't get if I Need to be at the 1,200 total after my workouts? Becuase if that is so I'm doing it wrong =( I always have like 150-300 calories left over after workout. Is this bad?
    I need all the help I can get! lol
    Thanks =)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused with this as well! My calorie intake to loose 2 lbs a week is at 1,200. I just don't get if I Need to be at the 1,200 total after my workouts? Becuase if that is so I'm doing it wrong =( I always have like 150-300 calories left over after workout. Is this bad?
    I need all the help I can get! lol
    Thanks =)

As long as you are only that short on day's you workout it shouldn't be bad. Most people overestimate calories burned and underestimate calories consumed so having said that your shortage of 150-300 may be more like 50-100 depending on if you measure your food properly and use a HRM to calculate caloric burn and back out the calories you would have burned at rest for the time your exercised (most people double count those calories).
  • bebegettingtheweightoff
    Options
    ME TOO MINE IS 1200 CALORIES WITH A DEFICIT OFF 510 AND I burn almost 500 calories when I work out and I mnot replacing the calories. So I was confused as to should I be eating th ecalories that I have burned but from the feedback I m thinking so:-)
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Yeah and you should really read the posts that are for newbies, it will explain a lot!! Good luck!