• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Definitely.

I love my husband.

I'm IN LOVE with my boyfriend...and half the girls on my FL

:bigsmile:

hehehe. I LOVE lamp. <3.

i found out with one of my exes that i only loved him; was not IN LOVE with him. that relationship? it took a one way ticket out of here.

i second the sentiment that LOVE = the wanting of happiness for someone; IN LOVE = wanting happiness for someone as a direct result of boinking. that *was* the sentiment, right? :)
  • hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Loving someone: agape
    Being in love with someone: eros

^^^ What he said.
  • m0jk
    m0jk Posts: 133
    Options
    its not the old.. i love you but im not in love with you excuse for dumping someone again :/ i always wonder if that translates to ' im in love with someone else so your history or optional until someone else comes along' :P

Yes there's a difference like mistaking in lust for in love too.

hope this helps ;)
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    When I hear the phrase "in love" I think, of fairy tale, hopelessly devoted to you type of wanna bone you thing.

tumblr_m7tqdtoGId1qjrrmzo1_400_zpsb1e06eda.gif

For example, I love my mom. I am NOT in love with my mom. Right? I love my friends. I do NOT want to boink them....well some I do, OK bad example. The first one still works.

Always looking for friends like you.... :bigsmile:
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    'love' = 'i want you to be happy'
    'in love' = 'i want you to be happy WITH ME' (doinking is usually involved here)

simple

?????how would you know? anytime you ever said either statement to me, was a lie. you dont get to have an opinion on this topic. fail.

tumblr_mdep3ohvvA1rl0hemo1_500.gif

This is too funny! :laugh:
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    big difference in my mind. I love everyone to an extent...meaning even the homeless guy on the streetcorner would get my attention if he asked. If he needed something I would try to help...its the caregiver/nurse thing in me that I can't seem to curb. But I've only been IN LOVE twice in my lifetime and I didn't even think it was real...

That being said, nothing is stronger for me that the love I have for my children, not even being IN LOVE with my bf comes close to this...:heart:

tumblr_mo546jiRGK1spmw8po1_500.gif
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Also... people do use the expression "in love" for things other than romantic love.

People say they are "in love" with their newborns, "in love" with chocolate, or "in love" with a famous celebrity (whom they never met), but they really don't mean the romantic-type of "in love".

In for boning chocolate!!!

tumblr_mo56r7zomz1rkpoh1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mo6i5cOUGe1r93di2o1_500.jpg
  • Justme030
    Justme030 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yes to me there is a difference between the two for sure. I love many people but I'm not in love with them. I am in love with my husband and my girls. :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Definitely.

I love my husband.

I'm IN LOVE with my boyfriend...and half the girls on my FL

:bigsmile:

hehehe. I LOVE lamp. <3.

i found out with one of my exes that i only loved him; was not IN LOVE with him. that relationship? it took a one way ticket out of here.

i second the sentiment that LOVE = the wanting of happiness for someone; IN LOVE = wanting happiness for someone as a direct result of boinking. that *was* the sentiment, right? :)

Yes, boinking was definitely the sentiment I was getting at. :smooched:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    For example, I love my mom. I am NOT in love with my mom. Right?

Don't start talking about mothers. That's a touchy subject. Don't get me wrong. I love my mom. Nothing wrong with that. M-m-mother, what's the phrase? She isn't quite herself today. It's not like my mother is a maniac or raving thing. She just goes a little mad sometimes.

tumblr_mm6orrwwe01qgstr7o1_500.gif
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options

Don't start talking about mothers. That's a touchy subject. Don't get me wrong. I love my mom. Nothing wrong with that. M-m-mother, what's the phrase? She isn't quite herself today. It's not like my mother is a maniac or raving thing. She just goes a little mad sometimes.

*insert psycho music*
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options

What Justin Bieber song would you prefer?

*insert psycho music*
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I say Yes. For instance, I love my Mom (RIP) and my Dad; however, I am not in love with them.

I love my mother in law; however, I am in love with her daughter.
    I would take a bullet for either because I love both; however, I only live for one of them.

Well said!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Things I love:

Chocolate
    Bacon
    Puppies
    My dog

Things I'm in love with:
    Eating chocolate
    eating bacon
    Playing with puppies
    Playing with my dog

Things I hate:
    Running out of chocolate and bacon
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    "In" love = love
    [similar to]
    square = rectangle

Love =/= "in" love
    [similar to]
    Rectangle =/= square
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    19703317090259683_2qE5KDHQ_f.jpg
  • Sarah_Roop
    Sarah_Roop Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes, the difference is like night and day.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I say Yes. For instance, I love my Mom (RIP) and my Dad; however, I am not in love with them.

I love my mother in law; however, I am in love with her daughter.
    I would take a bullet for either because I love both; however, I only live for one of them.

Nice explanation.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

:laugh: