not lossing like i want.

Options
So, I am closely following my calorie and macro goals and mfp says i'll weigh 204-212 in five weeks. It's been over that and I haven't reached that "goal" yet. I go to the gym about 4-5 days a week. I do cardio and alot of weight lifting. Can someone please give me some ideas on why i'm not reaching this weight loss? Thanks

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    That message you get when you complete your diary is ONLY if you eat exactly the same way (all macros exactly the same) and exercise the exact amount of calories every day for 5 weeks. And even THEN I kinda doubt its accurate. Some people claim it is but I think the majority don't. So don't base your success on that message. :)
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    I wouldn't rely on the "in 5 weeks you will weigh..." That is just a generic statement/guideline.
    There are so many variables. The things I really focus on are my sodium, fat and carb intake and try to make sure I am always under those for my daily allowance. I have yet to be under my daily allowance for sugar, but that does not really seemed to have hindered my weight loss. Although it is a goal to get there, but it sure is hard.
    Switching things up from time to time both food wise and exercise wise will also help. I tend to be a habitual eater, in the sense that I eat the same things over and over, but I found I have to add different things in from time to time to shake up my body and its response.
    I also am adding new things into my workout routines, I do cardio, weights, a ton of walking and now I am trying running.
    Finally, you have to patient. It took time to put the weight on and it is going to take even longer to get rid of it.
    Our bodies do not lose weight fast just because we want it to.
    Just keep at it and it will happen!
    Good luck.
  • deepimpact6036
    deepimpact6036 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It would be also helpful to know what kind of calories you are eating? Like eating carbs requires more workout to break them down. other thing is when to eat and how much. Heavy breakfast and a very light dinner helps. The idea is to not to drop your metabolism over the day and to not let any carbs/fat turn to stored fat. I kick up my metabolism with lemon water (cold) or tea/coffee. Hope this helps!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    People also hit plateaus for a myriad of different reasons. I recently had a 1.5 month long plateau where I lost nothing. Then one, I weighed myself and BAM, 4 lbs lost. Unfortunately, weight loss occurs rarely a straight line. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll see the numbers start to fall again.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi! Although the sources at MFP seem helpful...they're to guide you. That doesn't mean they're totally correct. Are they figuring in the amount of weight you've gained in muscle? Nope! They couldn't possibly do that. Focus on your measurements. Also, focus on what you may be mindlessly doing that's sabotaging your progress.

i.e. No matter how much my bf is mindful with what he eats, when he's sleeping, it's fair game...he eats and doesn't realize it! That is, of course, until the next morning. lol

Good luck!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    You seem to be eating well. What was your starting weight, and where are you now? How long has it been? If you are losing consistently, even if only 1 pound per week, I would tell you to be satisfied with it and keep doing what you are doing! If you are at a plateau, and have been for more than a few weeks, I would suggest taking a look at your exercise routine. Are you doing cardio every day? Are you increasing the weight? The reps? Taking a rest day during the week? Etc...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    What's your height/weight/age?
  • shawnteahsing
    shawnteahsing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, sw was 270
    Cw 219
    I'm 5'4" and 35 yrs old
    Trainer upped my calories to 1500 about 2 months ago. I've been working hard at this lifestyle since Oct. 2012.
    I started out at 1200 calories and stopped lossing weight when the trainer changed me to the 1500 caloriea.
    I hope this info helps!
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Sorry guys, sw was 270
    Cw 219
    I'm 5'4" and 35 yrs old
    Trainer upped my calories to 1500 about 2 months ago. I've been working hard at this lifestyle since Oct. 2012.
    I started out at 1200 calories and stopped lossing weight when the trainer changed me to the 1500 caloriea.
    I hope this info helps!

What did you weigh 2 months ago?
  • shawnteahsing
    Options
    On April 20 I weighed 227. Thats when i had my body comp done at the gym.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    On April 20 I weighed 227. Thats when i had my body comp done at the gym.

That's 8 pounds in 7 weeks.

That is precisely where you should be. Keep doing exactly what you're doing.
  • shawnteahsing
    Options
    Thanks! I appericate the help