Fitbit Flex

Options
Really - 6 - 8 weeks backordered...aarrgghhhhh ! I spent days researching between Fitbit flex and Jawbone Up and finally decided on Fitbit due to all the horrible reviews of Jawbone breaking all the time and the horrible customer service they received after it broke. But 6 - 8 weeks from now I might get it. Boooo ! If you don't have any product to sell stop putting all your advertisements in my face - please...

Replies

• mdgreathouse
    Options
    I too have been watching the Fitbit and Amazon websites waiting to get this.
    I ordered two this morning from www.****sSportingGoods.com
    They are in stock at their warehouse and I will have them Wednesday.
    $99.95 each.

Make sure you sign up for their rewards program.
    For every $300 you buy, you get a $10.00 credit.
    They also give you 50 points towards the 300 if you get their app.
  • mdgreathouse
    Options
    Foiled by the language filter.
    The website is D.I.C.K.S. sporting goods
  • michellechawner
    Options
    i got my "fitbit one" through fitbit direct and I got it within 5 days. Same price too. And it does the same thing the flex does, except it's not waterproof like the flex, that's the only difference.
  • lindewyser
    Options
    I purchased my flex through Best Buy.com.
    It has already been shipped to the store. I am supposed to be able to pick it up on Wednesday.
    I'm glad I checked BB bc I was getting ready to place my order on the fitbit website.
  • vxb122
    vxb122 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My FitBit Flex just arrived from Amazon. What a crappy clasp. I will have to secure it with a tiny piece of wire. I cannot get it on my wrist by myself but you can bet this crappy clasp will undo the minute I catch it on something. It did come with a small and large wristband but only one plastic clasp that you can readily lose down a sink drain on a bad day. So heads up on this one.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I was just in a Verizon store this weekend and they had Fit Bits on the shelf.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    ordered mine about a month ago and Amazon just let me know that it'll be shipping this week.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    My FitBit Flex just arrived from Amazon. What a crappy clasp. I will have to secure it with a tiny piece of wire. I cannot get it on my wrist by myself but you can bet this crappy clasp will undo the minute I catch it on something. It did come with a small and large wristband but only one plastic clasp that you can readily lose down a sink drain on a bad day. So heads up on this one.

What the hell do you do with yours? Mine has stayed on with no problems.
  • BorntoROAR
    BorntoROAR Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Agree with the poster. The clasp is not the GREATEST...but I've never had a problem clasping mine, nor have I ever lost it or had it come unclasped!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I won't be switching from my FitBit One. No bracelet to wear so no worries about not being able to wear it to formal occasions and no chance of catching it on door handles or getting it dirty when cleaning or gardening. Also, worn close to the core of your body the FitBit One records your actual movement rather than just a wave of the arm. And the best of all... if it's not syncing correctly you get a read out on the One which lets you see how well you are doing without being reliant on a phone signal all the time - perfect if you are walking off the beaten track. I think the Flex is just for the style conscious who want to be seen to be wearing one.
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options

Why I went with the Fitbit One. Heard very crappy reviews on the clasp of the flex, people losing them, and that they don't think it counts steps as accurately.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Brookstone stores or website? They are even offering a groupon right now for the store, good on any item I beleive. I know we used a groupon when I got my fitbit 1 last year........

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-brookstone-gifts-and-electronics
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    I won't be switching from my FitBit One. No bracelet to wear so no worries about not being able to wear it to formal occasions and no chance of catching it on door handles or getting it dirty when cleaning or gardening. Also, worn close to the core of your body the FitBit One records your actual movement rather than just a wave of the arm. And the best of all... if it's not syncing correctly you get a read out on the One which lets you see how well you are doing without being reliant on a phone signal all the time - perfect if you are walking off the beaten track. I think the Flex is just for the style conscious who what to be seen to be wearing one.

truth
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Agree with the poster. The clasp is not the GREATEST...but I've never had a problem clasping mine, nor have I ever lost it or had it come unclasped!

If it's never come undone, and you've never had a problem clasping it, then it sounds just about perfect. If it does what you need it to do, how much better do you want it?
  • lynntfuzz
    lynntfuzz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex and I like it. I haven't had any problems with the clasp and it has never fallen off or gotten caught. I'm sure eventually it will, but I don't think that's unreasonable. WaterBunnie it kind of stung when you said people only wear it because they're fashion conscious and want to be seen wearing it!!!! Good grief!!!!! If someone were fashion conscious the last thing they'd be wearing is some nerdy gizmo on their wrist!!!! LOL. Actually I use this one because it is water proof. That was the biggest selling feature for me. Not a fashion choice. LOL.
  • vxb122
    vxb122 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It just seems if it caught on something there is nothing to stop it from easily popping open. Well if I do lose it I'll pick the FitBit one up pronto. I didn't buy that one because it didn't have a safety clasp like my Omron. This pop-in the slotted holes plastic clasp just doesn't give me confidence that it won't grab on something and pop open. I was expecting a watchband like clasp.
  • mara232
    mara232 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think the Flex is just for the style conscious who want to be seen to be wearing one.

Really??? LOL Far from the truth. I have friends who have lost their fitbits that clasp to them so that pretty much sealed the deal for me!
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I ordered through Brookstone and just missed a batch that got sent out June 6th. BUT after thinking about it I ordered the Fitbit ONE. I don't wear jewelry much, not even a watch. I think the ONE will work better for me. I also want the altimeter - I do a lot of stairs. So I'm kind of glad for the delay
  • gfroniewski
    gfroniewski Posts: 168
    Options
    Anyone complaining about the clasp is experiencing user error of some sort. Don't press it into your wrist. Use your thumb and forefinger to secure it. The thing will never come off unless you want it to. Fitbit has a lot of wonderful documentation on usability of the Flex available online if you take a look. The One is great, no doubt, but so is the Flex if used properly!