Hi desperate newbie

Options
Hi everyone

My name Susie im 23 years old from Buckinghamshire.

I found this site through the app for my phone and have been using it and thought it about time i joined the site too.

I have been very very depressed with my weight, i cant wear clothes i like, i hide under baggy shirts and cover my belly with my coat when i sit down at the table. My self esteem is rock bottom and its ruining my life and relationship. I just sit there and cry, i know it sounds extreme but sometimes i just wanna rip my belly off !!!

I have always been a curvy girl (i was a 10 - 12 ) but then i hurt my back and just piled on the weight on top of stuffing my face during Uni projects ( did a course in animation so at pc all day) . Im ashamed i did this too myself and i want to put it right.

I just need someone to talk too and help along the way. My partner does help me but i need a girly pov too x x x

Replies

• dtcauley4
    dtcauley4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I'm pretty new too, but feel free to add me. Good Luck =)
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hang in there hun! You have made the first step. The key to conquering this is to stick with it! Hold yourself accountable for your choices. If you bite it then write it, meaning if you eat something then log it in your diary. Don't get discouraged and just keep looking/moving forward and you will do great! Know that you are making a wonderful decision to get fit and healthy. Good luck to you!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place!
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
    Steph
  • trflow
    trflow Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello. I feel the same way thaqt you do about myself. But in the past two years i have had two children. So now I am really self concious about how i look and what i wear. But today I am about to put myself thru my biggest weight loss challenge ever. I will be doing the special k diet as well as excercising daily for about an hour and a half. Feel free to message me if you need inspiration or just want to talk or vent. Good luck in your weight loss endeavors.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    As everyone said, you got the first step right :) This site is really positive and very inspiring :) Add me as a friend if you like :)
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • hamster123
    Options
    Hi and Welcome. Can't give you a girly POV, but what I can say is that this site has really helped me to understand food and calorie intake. It's also really helped me to lose weight (14lbs so far). It's also a great to interact with people with similar goals and problems. So, You should now know that you are not alone. Good Luck.
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Hi Gandsooz and welcome to mfp! I joined about 3 weeks ago and I love it! I enjoy reading the posts and use the food and exercise trackers religiously. I understand what you are saying about getting depressed about weight. I lost 4 1/2 stone with WW a few years back and put some of this back on. I am now going it alone and have lost 15lbs since February but I still need to lose 16lb to get to my goal. I also get very depressed about how I look and can't seem to get rid of my belly and flabby thighs no matter what I do! That's why I joined mfp. Good luck and feel free to add me x

Forgot to add I am also from the UK.
  • gleni77
    gleni77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Susie

I live in buckinghamshire too (high wycombe). I've gradually piled on the stones over the past 7 years (whilst doing my degree and masters) then pregnancy (so need to shift the baby weight too), i'm starting a detox next week before I start on the Cambridge Weight Plan (my friend gave birth same time as me, has just lost 6 stone, just in time for her wedding)...I have yet to dig out the weighing scales so my profile weight on here at the moment is only a rough idea, but I'm probably looking at having to shift 4-5 stone! I went from a 12-14 before my pregnancy, just before I gave birth I was in a size 20-22 and i'm now into size 18's, but now my little girl is one a toddling at a faster pace each day, I need to do something about my weight!

I hope it all goes well for you and look forward to chatting on here soon once I start my diet & exercise plan!

xClairex
  • cypressmom
    Options
    Hi Susie!! I too hide under the baggy shirts, so i know where you are coming from.I just joined less than a week ago and have found the support amazing! I have 40 lbs to lose and will be happy to help support you in your journey. Friend me if you would like and we can get through this together. The first step is making the commitment, and it looks like you have! --Sandy
  • Serasha
    Serasha Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I know what you mean when you say you get really sad. I feel like that all the time, too. Every day when it is time to get dressed I look at some of my old cute clothes and I get so mad that I can't wear them right now that I rip them off the hangers and pile them up on the floor. Then i find the baggiest thing (usually a dress) I can find and wear that.

You are not alone! Feel free to add me as a friend. And remember, you are beautiful no matter what clothes you can fit into. :)