Half way there....and struggling

Options
I have reached just over my half way point. Im very excited and proud of myself. However, its much harder to stay on track now. Anyone else having this problem? I don't feel as motivated as I once was or as dedicated to working out and I find it much harder to make good food choices.

Anyone else have this issue? Tips for getting my head back in the game?

Replies

• mellowkate
    mellowkate Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm TOTALLY in the same boat right now! You start getting compliments from everyone noticing your progress and how great you look and then think, "Well it's OK for me to eat a little junk, because I've already come so far - it can't hurt that much."

Yes. It can.

I went a little off track recently and fell into my old habits. When I saw the number on the scale start slowly creeping in the wrong direction, it was a wakeup call that I needed to get back in gear - hitting the gym every day (not just 2-3 times a week), egg white omelets instead of pizza or pasta, a tall glass of water instead of dipping into the Doritos.

At the end of the day, you only answer to yourself. Know how good it feels to have made it this far? It'll feel even better when you get closer to (and eventually reach) your goal.

In the meantime, some MFP users created this group to sort of motivate each other by tracking our collective success each week. Knowing that I committed to logging my progress for the group (and having to put in a number I wasn't so proud of the first week) is motivating enough right now to keep me on track. Feel free to join/check it out - everyone's welcome.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14442-30-days-closer-to-a-new-you

Congrats on your loss so far! Hang in there, and good luck! :)
  • Gkirilova
    Gkirilova Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself why you are struggling with motivation. With me it is fear...its definitely psychological. I would analyze why you are feeling that why. It is never as simple as just a lack of motivation and that's it. There is something more to it than that. If you are a woman of faith pray about it.
    Maybe you need to reward yourself for getting to the half way point with a non food reward and keep in mind why you started this process in the first place and where you'd like to be instead of settling for less.
    Good luck!
    Add me if you'd like.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    You need a new reason. You're proud of the changes you've made and you're feeling better. That's awesome! Now, take it a step further. Take up a new sport, sign up for a competition. Do things a different way. If you're happy, take a break. Eat at your full TDEE and focus on learning to maintain the loss for a while. A month? Two? Think about why you want to go the rest of the way.