Healthy Food Recipe Websites

Options
muirspud
muirspud Posts: 27 Member
Hello all, been a while. But what are the best low fat healthy recipe sites out there. I know skinny taste is quite popular and i use it alot, but being from the uk, some of the ingredients are very hard to come by, and working out "cups" into grams/ounces is a pain. so ideally a site with maybe usa measures and the old metric/imperial would be perfect.

Replies

• Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My favourite website for inspiration is the BBC Good Food site. Tons of recipes, categories to pick from, such as "healthy", "vegetarian", "low carb" or "200-400 cals" and out of the many recipes I have tried, I only had a couple that I wouldn't need to make again - the rest have become regulars on my dinner menu! Loads of simple, cheap and tasty meals!
  • TMtrim1234
    Options
    I am also a fan of bbcgoodfood.com.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Seconded! the BBC site is my "go to". Only caveat - sometimes the portions are a bit small (300g pasta between 4 is fine if they're all watching their weight, but with hungry teens in the house I always end up adding more!) As long as you watch for that you'll be fine with it. There's also UKTV Good Food Channel, which has the recipes from ITV shows.
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I use the BBC food webiste a lot too, also channel 4, the hairy dieters recipes are on the BBC site and every one I've tried has been excellent, also Cook yourself thin website is great
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I always go to The Healthy Chef first - http://www.thehealthychef.com/ - heaps of great recipes, fresh ingredients, and nutritional info to give you a baseline.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    fitness recipes.com
    if you're into that sort of thing - a lot of protein.
  • LLStover09
    LLStover09 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My current favs are foodgawker.com; emilybites.com; the daintychef.com
  • 4pac
    4pac Posts: 10 Member
    Options
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Those are great suggestions! Thanks for posting this question, OP :D
  • NJnanniELB
    Options
    I am glad I checked here this morning. I will look at the websites listed. My favorite "Go-To" is www.eatingwell.com./ Not metric, but lots of great ideas. I am new to MFP, but have used many recipes from Eating Well because they are so good. Also, made a great "Grilled Bean Burger" from Taste of Home. Just Google it. Keep the ideas coming. Thx
  • muirspud
    muirspud Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I use the bbcgoodfood site alot as well for ideas, but sometimes its just the same stuff. Loving some of the sites especially the fitness recipes, as im trying to cut down on the carbs alot and there is alot of healthier puddings.
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com! I've been using it for quite a while but have recently made about ten recipes from her site in the last two weeks. Everything has been AWESOME!
  • netcrime
    Options
    I actualy enjoying my 3 recipe from this ebook i found it on warez and its pretty good

download link: lmtya.com/ebook

i love recipes from second chapter its low in fat and very tasty