Manchester lady saying hello!

Options
Hi everyone. My name's Emily, I've just turned 30, and I'm determined to make some changes in my life!

I've only been offically overweight (as in my BMI was over 25) once, for a few months as a teenager, when I had to go on the pill for health reasons. Other than that I've generally been at the mid to upper end of a healthy BMI, but I've always had insecurities and never felt truly comfortable in my own skin. Right now I'm 142 (I'm 5'6") and initially I want to lose about 10lbs and see how I feel then.

I've got the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and Butt and Thighs (my main problem area) workouts, so it would be great to get some friends who are taking her on too. :)

Replies

• andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily I'm in the North East. I'm 40 and 5'4 and am trying to get down to about 130lbs - am about 147 now. I'm on here every day so you can add me if you like ;0)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i am maintaining at the moment, but i had similar starting stats, 5ft5 and 140lbs when i first discovered MFP way back when!!!
  • mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :D
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Manchester NH? Nice city, I visit there every once in a while.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    ** Feel free to add me **

I'm 28 yrs old, 5'7...starting weight 227 - current weight 192 - goal weight 130-ish. :-) I can help others, but I need help too! Hope all is well.
  • slimmeremily
    Options
    Manchester NH? Nice city, I visit there every once in a while.

No, Manchester in the UK!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. :)
  • ncsanton
    ncsanton Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also live in manchester close picadilly station. I share my story for inspiration. I just recently achieved my goal weight and now I try to stabilise and improve in terms of fitness. I have lost 74 lbs in one year.