My Success Story-pics

Options
krrs1980
krrs1980 Posts: 90 Member
I just realized that I never posted my own success story. I couldn't wait to reach my goal, and then completely forgot to put it up once I did.

I started out on January 1, with a very low self-esteem. All of 2012 was one big food binge after another. I never exercised, and I didn't think much about it. One day, I saw a picture of myself and that was it for me (I think most of us have those.) I found out about MFP through a friend and there was nothing stopping me after that. I kept thinking I shouldn't start it out because of a New Years Resolution, but it really did give me the boost I needed.

To be honest, I never thought anything about macros. I always thought I could just not eat very much and that would be good enough...Nope!! (well not for me, anyway) I'm so fortunate for all of the support I received through MFP. The Success Stories was the first thing I looked up in the morning to keep me going. I'm proud of myself for keeping at it and doing it the healthy way, through a good diet and exercise.

A big thank you to everyone on here!!! I hope these load correctly.

The first side by side (Left picture was my starting weight of 150, 2nd picture was taken three weeks later)

028f1145-e6ee-48f8-a8bf-8e62dbd6f9cd.jpg

This picture was taken two days ago for my birthday.

cdcab53e-4f4c-4e45-a29a-21adbadc06e9.jpg

Replies

• mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You look HOTT!

Congrats!
  • peacelovelose
    peacelovelose Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Great job!
  • JennyOne2277
    JennyOne2277 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congrats; you kicked that fat's *kitten*!! :smile:

I also had a lot of "damn I look fatter in these photos than I feel" moments before I finally did something about it. I tried keeping a manual food diary but it was too much work and when I discovered MFP that also got me started and I'm over halfway to my goal!

Thanks for sharing; I love seeing inspirational pics!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    You looked good in all of those pictures, but you do look fantastic now. Well done!
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    wow, you look amazing,
    well done, hope you had a great birthday :)
  • krrs1980
    Options
    wow, you look amazing,
    well done, hope you had a great birthday :)

It's actually tomorrow, but we celebrated it over the weekend. Thanks!
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Whoever said you look hot -- that is an understatement...you are smokin'! Great job!
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Excellent job, congrats! I love the dress!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a job well done! Happy Birthday!
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! and you're a knockout!
  • krrs1980
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Wonderful job! You look smokin!
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    Incredible transformation... I can see your happiness in new photos!! Congrats!
  • lisas1019
    lisas1019 Posts: 30
    Options
    great job!!! You look great!!!!
  • jenf330
    jenf330 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    First: You look awesome. Great job!! And Happy Birthday :smile:
    Second: You mentioned that you had to stick to your macros. Just out of curiosity, what do you have them set at? I've recently started paying a lot more attention to my macros and the scale is finally moving again. I'm always interested in what worked for other people though.

Thanks for sharing!!
  • krrs1980
    Options
    First: You look awesome. Great job!! And Happy Birthday :smile:
    Second: You mentioned that you had to stick to your macros. Just out of curiosity, what do you have them set at? I've recently started paying a lot more attention to my macros and the scale is finally moving again. I'm always interested in what worked for other people though.

Thanks for sharing!!

I just went by what MFP set me at. I will say though that sodium is definitely something I stayed under; set at 2500. I never worried about the sugar, as long as it came from fruits. I also ate and still eat lots of bread. That's one thing I didn't want to give up, because I just love it!! I've tried the low carb diets in the past, and it most definitely works, but it never sticks as soon as you start eating carbs again (not to say that's the case for everyone, but that's how my body reacts.) Good luck to you :)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOW fantastic hunn! You look so amazing....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!