Anyone watch Too Fat for 15: Fighting Back?

Options
It's a TV reality show about teenaged that are overweight. I'm so proud of this kids for working so hard to better themselves. I'm crying a lot to show.. Screaming at the TV so made at these children parents for letting their kids weight get out of control. I'm sorry if I'm hurting some parents feeling.. But I'm so passionate about this subject.

Replies

• thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I've been watching it a bit. I have to admit, I'm a little addicted to weight loss shows. I find them really inspirational because the people are just doing what I'm doing, and they're succeeding!

But I feel the same way about this show. It makes me sad and even a little angry. Some of the kids are 12-years-old! What HAPPENED? But then seeing how hard some of these kids work and fight against pain, it's just amazing.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I watched an Episode and wondered how that 17yo girl could get to over 500lbs
  • msdivadivine
    Options
    What channel doe this show come on?
  • flannan
    flannan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It's on the Style Network. It is tough to watch some of it but these kids have so much heart and courage.
  • oOLiveYourLifeOo
    Options
    I think it is a great show and makes me cry too because I am overweight and was overweight as a teenager. I know that it was entirely my fault that I was overweight as a teenager because I did nothing to help myself - my mother didn't have much to do with it.
  • Keisha79
    Keisha79 Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm so with you on that one.. These kids.. WANT IT!! and their parents are apart of the problem.. Forget the XBOX and Playstation 3.. and got bike riding.. if it's only 2 times a week. I'm telling you i'm about the TV shut off. For 1 week.. we should shut off the TV... I bet more families will be active.
  • Keisha79
    Options
    right!!! .. I cried for her. and said a prayer.. cuz I know it's hard.
  • Keisha79
    Options
    the style network.. and it's very inspirational.
  • Keisha79
    Options
    I'm an overweight kid, teenage and adult.. but I had that WOMAN body as a child. But I also had a phone in the second grade..anything I wanted and I ate to be eating.. I love my mother.. but she was doing her own thing.. and I was getting the "wideload". I only fault her for not paying closer attention...
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    That's the same reason I watch them!

I also cried tears of happiness for the kids when they got excited that they were losing weight on their weigh-in days. I just wanted to jump in my tv & give them a congrats hug!

I've been watching it a bit. I have to admit, I'm a little addicted to weight loss shows. I find them really inspirational because the people are just doing what I'm doing, and they're succeeding!

But I feel the same way about this show. It makes me sad and even a little angry. Some of the kids are 12-years-old! What HAPPENED? But then seeing how hard some of these kids work and fight against pain, it's just amazing.
  • oOLiveYourLifeOo
    Options
    I'm an overweight kid, teenage and adult.. but I had that WOMAN body as a child. But I also had a phone in the second grade..anything I wanted and I ate to be eating.. I love my mother.. but she was doing her own thing.. and I was getting the "wideload". I only fault her for not paying closer attention...

I was only overweight at the end my childhood - my parents got divorced and we moved when I was 8/10. Then I started gaining. I had pretty much whatever I want because I was the only child. Now that I'm an adult, I'm working twice as hard to lose the weight I gained when I was a teenager. My mother begged for me to lose weight in the 8th grade after her friend died of obesity and I did for a little while, but I had an over-eating disorder. I would eat when I got upset or angry and just didn't care.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I just started recording this show on TIVO. It is heartbreaking to see Tanasha(?) not able to walk across a basketball court without getting tired. The whole show is heartbreaking, but important. I've become addicted to most of these weight loss shows.

The Biggest Loser
    Losing it with Jillian (not that good)
    Dance Your Azz Off
    Dr. Oz (for health tips)
    I'm Trying to Save Your Life
    ...etc.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I sat and cried like a baby. It is just heart wrenching to see these kids suffering at such a young age. It makes me mad at myself because I haven't taught my son to eat well...he is underweight now but both his dad and I have struggled with our weight all of our adult lives. It will catch up with him. I have to get him out of this picky eater thing he is going through...can you bribe your kids to eat fruit...lol just kidding...well maybe not.
  • edorice
    Options
    Amanda - I have found with my daughters that they will each like different things. Completely different. My oldest likes clementines, bananas, and mango. My youngest will only eat apples. So we have to buy all of that. My oldest likes Fiber One bars, while my youngest likes Pria Bars. So I buy all of it. Just to make sure they are eating well and have some variety, I have to buy all of it.
  • edorice
    Options
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm watching this show and it's so sad. This one poor girl is 510 lbs. I just don't understand why their parents allow this to happen.
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I just watched 2 episodes today; I was cheering when the one girl (Tanisha?) made it up that hill for the first time. :drinker:
  • edorice
    Options
    I'm watching this show and it's so sad. This one poor girl is 510 lbs. I just don't understand why their parents allow this to happen.
    Not only that, but she's had surgery in both legs due to her weight issues.
  • BrattyLori
    BrattyLori Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The story that breaks my heart on Too Fat for 15 is that 12 year old girl who is at 157 and her parents say she can come home when she's 120. Too Fat To Live with Our Family??? CRUEL! No wonder that little girl turned to food - her parents are FAILING to love and nurture their daughter! ((Part of which is taking proper care of her health/body/weight). I cry over that little one! P.S. Both her parents are overweight.