Wii Fit

Options
Is anyone using the Wii fit to help them with their exercise program. I have the Wii fit game and I purchase the Wii Active but I really have not given them a try to see if they really work.

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit is more of games to get you moving, you kinda do these things (like snowball fights for points) and dont realize you are exercising.

EA Active is a much better like a workout like a workout video, I burn more calories with this.

Either way they get you moving, but I would workout besides this.
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Yes they work, I have the Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus and Wii Active .. when I started losing weight in May I didn't have a gym membership like I do now, so I was using my Wii Active to exercise, and I lost a lot of weight .. then I got the gym membership, I couldn't use my Wii Fit for awhile because it has a weight limit, and yesterday I finally reached that limit so I can start using it again. I think it is a great tool. If you actually get up and move around, and not just sit on your butt and wave the Wii remote around :laugh:
  • klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have used both. I got bored with the Wii active after a couple of weeks. I recently started the wii fit and I have a routine that includes yoga, strength, and aerobics. I really like the running, step, and kick boxing.
  • DanniJNoles
    Options
    Wii fit is pretty fun. I did it for a while. The boxing one gives you a real work out. I also do the pilates and yoga and all that. It strengthens your core and workes those belly muscles. You should try it. It's a good way to start.
  • mookiemoo
    mookiemoo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i love mine!!! I can really feel it the next day and my arms are still aching today from flapping like a chicken (yes you read that right) 2 days ago

the super hula hooping is fab !!
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes it does. I use the Wii fit plus. It tells you haw many calories you burn after each use. I also track my weight on it.
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit. I need to get back to using it again! The first time that I used it, I chose "Bob" as my trainer. The workout was good, but I did have a hard time with the squats because they really hurt my knees. Plus, I was really, really sore the next day -- to the point where it actually hurt to get off of the toilet!! I had to use the door to pull myself up! I think that went on for about three days! But it was a really good workout -- just shows how unfit I was!
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit. I need to get back to using it again! The first time that I used it, I chose "Bob" as my trainer. The workout was good, but I did have a hard time with the squats because they really hurt my knees. Plus, I was really, really sore the next day -- to the point where it actually hurt to get off of the toilet!! I had to use the door to pull myself up! I think that went on for about three days! But it was a really good workout -- just shows how unfit I was!

Okay, I don't have Wii Fit! :blushing: I've just completely lost my mind! :laugh: I've actually got Biggest Loser for the Wii -- also very good!
  • jennpv
    jennpv Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser for Wii and love it! It has some great workouts along with challenges. It also has a recipes and motivation tips from Bob and Jillian.
  • PammyKY
    PammyKY Posts: 129
    Options
    Okay great thanks. I will give it a try. I figured it really did not work so why bother but now that I know others have had success with it I will pull it out tomorrow and start a program. My sister brought the Biggest Loser Game for the Wii Fit and the Jillian Michaels one. The Jillian MIchaels from my understanding did not get high ratings.

Thanks for the input.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Yep - I'm visual so I love the weigh-in features. I need to see trends and I can see that the last 6 weeks have been the most productive for me in the loss department since I started 2 years ago.

Love WII fit plus and it gives me something to do that's fun and energizing when my back is a little on the sore side (herniated disc) as it's not overdoing it, it's just enough. Doesn't really burn enough calories to keep me truly interested in it for weight loss - but it's fun and so if I can get fun at the same time as weight loss, it's a win-win.
  • PammyKY
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss this far. Keep up the good work I cannot wait until my scale tells me I have lost 50 pounds.
  • emilysparey
    Options
    i used my wii for weighing in, tells me my bmi and how close i am to losing a pound. i lurrrve it. my boyfriend does the 'jacknife' on there 100 everyday....i cant even do one!! i do the wii a few times a week and have now started doing 30 day shred.
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I had the Jillian Michales one, and I ended up selling it on Amazon. I didn't like it at all. I have had trouble with Wii Active. Honestly, i think it is because I am short. I do the activity (like a squat) but my remotes do not read that I am doing the activity and I will be FULLY squated!

Anyway, I really really like the Wii, even if all you do is weigh in on it! It really helps keep me accountable. I was even sore once from Bowling! HAHAHAHA! I guess I really got into it!
  • Keisha79
    Keisha79 Posts: 63
    Options
    I have it.. and I workout with it... LOVE IT!!.. My husband and I do the Basic Run together.
  • PammyKY
    Options
    Too funny.. The one thing I don't like about that Wii Fit is when they blow up my Mii and tell me I'm obese. I guess the Wii won't lie to me like I have been lying to myself all these years. I think I am going to get back doing my Wii Fit and Wii Active tomorrow.

I brought the 30 Day Shred sometime last year and after a week was in so much pain I gave up on it. It was not fun then who said working out is fun.
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    I have used both. I got bored with the Wii active after a couple of weeks. I recently started the wii fit and I have a routine that includes yoga, strength, and aerobics. I really like the running, step, and kick boxing.

try golds gym cardio workout , is great
  • PammyKY
    Options
    Is it for the Wii?
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    Yep - I'm visual so I love the weigh-in features. I need to see trends and I can see that the last 6 weeks have been the most productive for me in the loss department since I started 2 years ago.

Love WII fit plus and it gives me something to do that's fun and energizing when my back is a little on the sore side (herniated disc) as it's not overdoing it, it's just enough. Doesn't really burn enough calories to keep me truly interested in it for weight loss - but it's fun and so if I can get fun at the same time as weight loss, it's a win-win.

I use wii fit for running, yoga and steping. My modified version that is , I use real treadmill and walk/jog everyday 2-3 miles, we says I do 6 but, my phone says 2-3 :) but none the less is nice way to use wii running .I put 2 boxes under my wii board raises the height of the board to 8 inches, then I free step for 20 minutes, then do yoga for 20 minutes to cool down, then do some other exercises , then get on the bowflex for 20-30 mins, then back to wii for some golds gym cardio workout for 20 minutes.
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    Is it for the Wii?

yea it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgJS22S_XVI

http://www.amazon.com/Golds-Gym-Cardio-Workout-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001KX504C

I love this wii game, just bought a heavy bag to use with it, I really am trying to get into character :D