Breakfast ideas

Options
sexymom04
sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
I'm looking for breakfast ideas, I'm getting bored with egg whites and English muffins. I found this recipe that looks and sound yummy, but don't think it's too healthy. What do you think?

place
2 sliced apples
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
in the bottom of a crock post

pour in
2 cups oatmeal
2 cups of milk
2 cups water

Do not stir
cook overnight for 8-9 hours on low

What do you think? Skip it?

don't stir

Replies

• jandthebops
    Options
    Could you take out the brown sugar and maybe use agave nectar instead?

My current favourite breakfast is rolled oats mixed with fat free greek yogurt, some fruit and a teaspoonful of agave nectar. Yummy!!
  • DanceCheerLove
    Options
    Try using less brown sugar, like only 1 tbspn and replace the other tbspn with truvia, maybe? And choose the right milk. My recommendation is silk light soy milk, because that's what I drink and cook with, but if you want to use dairy milk, make sure it's fat free. That should cut some calories with it.
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome, especially on a cold morning. I would reduce the amount of brown sugar (actually I would only put in about a tablespoon of sugar and then add a pinch of truvia/stevia) and use skim milk. Super healthy.

Have you tried different types of egg white omelets? I love mixing egg whites with bell pepper, onion, etc. You can even add fresh avocado, salsa, and/or light sour cream and put it all in a couple corn tortillas. A cup or two of a healthy cereal (Cheerios, Wheaties, etc.) with a splash of skim milk is also a really healthy choice for mornings when you are busy.

If you allow these healthy meals to shape the rest of your day, you will be well on your way to "sexy mom" status in no time!! :wink:
  • PamShebamm
    PamShebamm Posts: 54
    Options
    Bacon.
  • sexymom04
    sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Don't like yogurt but I use it in my smoothies.
    Don't know what agave nectar???

No I haven't tried omelette a, thanks.

Bacon???

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you dough.