For "The Dress" and my future...

Options
I've done the diet thing, many times and was really successful..once, until I got pregnant :) Between my old fitness pal and my Wii games, I was active enough to keep my calories down and toning muscle, able to stay home with my older kids and track my calories on this handy little tool :) Now, I'm not pregnant and almost back to where I started nearly 3 years ago :( I've met the man I'll call my husband in February 2014...and that's my big goal...TO GET INTO THAT DRESS!!! My biggest overall goal, is to lose the weight and keep it off. Not just for my benefit though, for my family's. I need all the inspiration and tips I can get. I'm a busy working mama, not alotta cash, but enough food in the fridge, Wii games that keep me active when the kids can't leave the house. And a maze of miles of city park trails :) and nice weather...finally. I have almost 9 months to reach my goal, to get into the dress. A total of 20 inches to lose from head to toe!

Replies

• Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Perfect time to get where you want be and no better motivation than a wedding! Start setting up healthy habits and lifestyle changes so that once you get to the big day you don't regress backwards. Exercise and dieting will lose the weight but a solid foundation of healthy habits will keep it off!
  • kandienicole
    Options
    My wedding dress was too small...and when I put it on now I have to hold it up!! Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD and cutting out all soda made a HUGE difference! Now, I do different DVDs and run and even make up my own workouts! I try to SWEAT 30 minutes a day....and keep my food balanced...this way I don't feel deprived. So far, so good! Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm also getting married in 2014, although I'm not going to have a wedding (we're eloping) I will have pictures and a casual white dress to show everyone when we get home so I want to look good by then too!! Feel free to add me for motivation, I'm new but so far on here all day every day :)
  • HSokol
    HSokol Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've done the diet thing in the past but haven't been successful until now. I've been on MFP for about two months now and i'm down about ten pounds. With wokring two jobs it has been a bit difficult to get to the gym to really sweat but luckily my part time job is a PCA position and the individual I"ve been wokring for likes to go walking at least. Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for new friends/ people to inspire me.
  • changingmylife85
    Options
    I've had the 30 Day Shred DVD for a couple years now, I want to give it another shot. First time (and last time) kicked my butt! I'm lighter now though than when I did it first, maybe that will help! What other DVD's do you use?