diabetic recipes

Options
looking for recipes for diabetics

Replies

• DWiebbecke
    DWiebbecke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am looking for receipes too. I was just diagnosed and am not sure what to eat. There is a lot of confusing information out there. I also need to get stuff for my family so I'm looking for something we can all eat.
  • storknursekelly
    storknursekelly Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    There is new evidence that animal & dairy products have started the insulin resistance & diabetic epidemic. I am an RN and have researched quite a bit because I was a gestational diabetic (during pregnancies only) but recently have been told I am developing insulin resistance and was on my way to becoming a Type 2 diabetic. I did not want that diagnosis, so I started researching everywhere. And thanks to a good friend who was Type 2 and encouraged me to look into this site, I am losing weight and my fasting blood sugars are steadily coming down. It is a plant based lifestyle. If you are interested in learning more & for great recipes (you can add me as well and I can give you some :) go to www.pcrm.org watch the video by Dr. Neil Barnard who gave this lecture to the American Diabetic Assoc and they are adopting his concepts and seeing much greater results in lowering A1C levels, fasting & over all reduction or completely getting off their meds !! I make up my own ideas feel free to view my diary. I hope this helps. Much success ! Kelly
  • Darlekins
    Darlekins Posts: 44
    Options
    The best weapon in a diabetic's arsenal is the blood glucose meter. Use it to determine which foods affect blood glucose and then eliminate or restrict those foods. Check out http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14045524.php Boodsugar101 is an EXCELLENT resource for new diabetics, as it diabetesforum.com

Carbs = glucose. Restricting carbs, increasing dietary fat and eating a moderate amount of protein will lower blood glucose.

As far as Barnard goes, PCRM hides its entire agenda behind a curtain bearing the intentionally vague "Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine" name because it knows that in general, people are annoyed by hardcore vegans and tend to openly mock PETA.

Science starts out with a hypothesis. The PCRM starts out with a conclusion: "animal products bad," and then they cherry-pick and obfuscate in every way possible to suit their pre-drawn conclusion, based on their fundamentalist belief in the infallibility of veganism.
  • fastfoodv
    fastfoodv Posts: 41
    Options
    Try the American Diabetes Association web site at www.diabetes.org

Visit Lisa Tillinger Johansen at www.consultthedietician.com at www.fastfoodvindication.com, on Facebook at Lisa Tillinger Johansen and on Twitter @LisaTJohansen