Favorite protein powder?

Options
I'm just starting this whole protein powder deal. I bought what was the best deal at Kroger which was chocolate flavor of the EAS brand at the time (they were having a sale!). I'm obviously going to venture out to other brands and flavors and wanted to know what your favorite brand is and why!

Replies

• Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Check out your local health food store or even say gnc..a lot of times they will have sample packets that the vendors give them...
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is my favorite brand. Affordable and high quality.

Hydro Whey and 100% Casein are my two favorite.
  • seakaren
    seakaren Posts: 1
    Options
    Netrition.com has good prices and low shipping fee. I use their soy protein powder, but that's not the right one for everybody. I order PB2 from them as well.
  • kandienicole
    Options
    EAS is a great protein powder for starting out! I love Protein Factory (ordered online) now and use their powders 100% of the time now. They have no fillers...and you can choose your flavor and sweetener. My husband uses Protein Factory too and is having great muscle gain results!
  • kgibson17
    kgibson17 Posts: 23
    Options
    I like the Pro7ein. It has several different types of protein and actually does keep me full. The vanilla tastes ok and can be flavored almost any way that you like.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Kaizen, but I don't know if you can get it outside of Canada. They sell it here through Costco. All of the whey protein they use is sourced from Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, Australia, or the US only ...not China.

Comes in 2 flavours (Chocolate and Vanilla), as well as an unflavoured version.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Kaizen, but I don't know if you can get it outside of Canada. They sell it here through Costco. All of the whey protein they use is sourced from Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, Australia, or the US only ...not China.

Comes in 2 flavours (Chocolate and Vanilla), as well as an unflavoured version.

This ^. The Vanilla tastes awesome in smoothies. No chalky taste.
  • ADixie4You2Know
    ADixie4You2Know Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Cellucor is my favorite it tastes awesome. They have peanutbutter marshmellow, cinnamon swirl, molten chocolate just to name a few. I have it every afternoon with a banana. Its the best Ive ever tasted!:happy:
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    BSN Snytha-6 is hands down the best tasting IMO. Chocolate cake batter mixed with milk literally tastes like you're drinking batter from the bowl!

Isopure tastes great too. A little more expensive because it's higher quality, but worth it if you have the extra $
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    gnc wheybolic ripped chocolate fudge

it makes my mouth all weird and hot like its spicy

but thats not why i like it, i like it bc its 100 calories a scoop, low sugar and super satisfying
  • Slamdunkpro
    Slamdunkpro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I like the Cytosport that Costco carries. Flavor is decent and it's pretty smooth in the Vitamix.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I like the Cytosport that Costco carries. Flavor is decent and it's pretty smooth in the Vitamix.

That's a 400+ dollar blender. I would hope so. you can shake it up...
  • alpha_andy
    alpha_andy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't eat for taste - I eat for function. So it isn't about taste for me.

My favorite is Optimum Nutrition's Hydro Builder. It has a good blend of whey soy and casein and, most importantly, it includes creatine which means I have fewer supplements to worry about. It is pricey but I love it.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have an EAS protein shake almost every day. I have the soy-based vanilla and chocolate flavors, but I'm thinking of changing to the whey kind for various reasons. I add it to 12 oz of unsweetened almond milk, about 10g of cacao nibs and 16g of peanut butter, comes out to about 350 calories. It's so good and smooth! And pretty affordable - $9 will give you 14 servings.