Insanity Day 1

Options
Aprill42
Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
Just did the fit test....I must be insane for doing this voluntarily. Pretty excited though.

I was wondering, does anyone know how many calories you burn?? Or....if it's on fitness pal, or how I should configure it. I definitely want to eat as much as I need too because I'm pretty sure i'll be burning a good amount.

Any tips or information would be awesome!! Also, if you have progress pictures that would be great motivation!!!

Also, let me know if anyone else has started this as well!!!

Replies

• squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin HRM and burned about 350 my first workout (not the fit test) last week. I am 5'3" and weigh 147.

Good luck (and be prepared to get requests from Beachbody coaches)!!
  • Kamichans
    Kamichans Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did the fit test today too and I think Im going to be sore tomorrow. My legs hurt afterwards, just walking up the stairs in my home...lol. Wonder if I should have started with an easier type of workout. I'm over 50 and need to lose 35 pounds. I feel like I'm too heavy to really bend and jump quickly. Any suggestions as to another good DVD workout, but not as extreme?
  • Aprill42
    Options
    Have you tried any of the Jillian Michaels dvds? I tried the 30 day shred and liked it!! I def don't think its half as a workout as Insanity.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am on Day #31. I use a HRM to gauge my burn. I am part of the May 6th support group. I see those wiithout a HRM log it under circuit training & our burns have been comparable.
  • VanessaG02
    VanessaG02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I started it today as well! Definitely wondering what I just got myself into!! LOL But I know a lot of people with results, so it has got to be worth it. I think I am probably a bit too out of shape for it but I figure I will go at my own pace and when I start to get more fit, I will be able to stick more with the actual plan and calendar.
  • cyndiwilliams1198
    cyndiwilliams1198 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started today also. I used a heart rate monitor and during the fit test only it said I burned 237 calories. Im 5'4" and weigh 183.5 pounds...I hope this helps
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I started recently and have burnt minimum of 200 (fit test) and up to 360.

I couldn't believe just the fit test burnt 200 calories!!! Shock to the system!!!
  • Kamichans
    Kamichans Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks Aprill42. I will look into it.
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Get a HRM monitor. Everyone is different. Make sure you eat enough calories also. 1800-2000. I did Insanity 60 days, I am on my last week of Asylum and then I am off to do Asylum 2. Make sure that you dig deep each day and keep track of your progress. You will see how much stronger you get each week. Good luck and if you need support. Add me:)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    It can vary a lot depending on your age, sex, weight, height and environment. Using a HRM is your best bet. My workout range from about 400 for the fit test to between 650 and 850 for the actual workout (first month) depending on how tired I am before I start and how hot the morning is when I start (I do my workouts on a tennis court outside since I work nights and don't want to upset my downstairs neighbors by jumping around at 7am every day).
  • catieschwartz
    catieschwartz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It varies a lot. I'm 5' and 145lbs and I burn about 250 calories. Best way to calculate it is to get a HRM, you don't have to get a super expensive one-the first one I ever had was from Target for about $30. I'm on round 2 of Insanity, feel free to add me if you need some support!
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting Insanity. I am currently doing my third round now, but I've done Asylum Volume 1 and Turbo Fire in between rounds. I'm currently in week two. I think the most accurate way to track your burn is a heart rate monitor, I use a polar FT4 with chest strap, which I absolutely love. Good luck to you on your journey!
  • Aprill42
    Options
    Thank you all for the information! Im really excited and nervous. lol! Feel free to add me as well for any motivation!!