People, it's so hard.

I don't want to whine and say it's to hard to lose weight.. exercising is hard ect.. ect.
Because I want to do it so bad, I want to look great and feel confident.
It's just the point, I work at Mcdonald's.. Looking for a new job, but it's not easy here.
I get a free meal every single day I work.. working 3 feet from the french fries, burgers, and chicken nuggets..
It's so hard to say no when I go on my break. so hard to chose a side salad over french fries and chicken nuggets.
But once I do let myself get the unhealthy foods if it fits my calorie limit.. there goes the rest of my day eating healthy, and I will want to eat everything.. I'm not sure why.
I feel like I have no willpower, They wont let me bring my own food there which I think is really stupid.
all I drink is water and the occasional coffee.I know I'm in a tough spot where all I really need is some frickin' willpower and tape over my mouth.
But any suggestions would be helpful on how I can do better..
Try to put yourself in my shoes? I know a lot of people don't eat or even like Mcdonalds/Fast food but imagine being next to your favorite unhealthy food for hours a day and then get to pick to have it or something that taste nasty to you but is healthier..

Thanks in advance for any help.. You guys are amazing<3

Replies

• ShoShoyi
    ShoShoyi Posts: 34 Member
    Oh wow...that's really harsh...I don't really have any advice or anything, but maybe I can make you feel better by letting you know that I TOTALLY know how you're feeling. And yes, once you get your first bite, you become even more ravenous...all I can suggest for now is NOT to have that first bite. I feel that after a week or two, you should be able to be immune to feeling like you HAVE TO HAVE IT.
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    It IS hard. For me, too. It's hard to have willpower. It's hard to plan ahead, eat right, exercise and stay motivated. But, IMO, that is complete BS they won't let you bring your own food. That's not right, you know?
    Do you get a 15 min break or a 30 min lunch? Can you pack a lunch and eat in your car, or outside, or around the corner? I've bought a happy meal for myself so I had the smaller fry and the apple slices. (if that's sort of an option) Or can you pack some healthy snacks, like carrots, celery, granola bars, almonds (whatever works for you, and whatever fits in your backpack or purse) so you can eat something on a break? A free meal is hard to pass up, but try to make the best, healthiest decisions you can.

One day at a time.
  • GreenEyedDork
    GreenEyedDork Posts: 42 Member
    Thanks for understanding..
    It's actually a really good idea to bring something and leave it in my car, because they wont let me bring it in but I can go outside for my break..
    I only get one 20 min break to eat. Mcdonalds is very unfair to their employees.
    I'll try this, thanks!