Staying focused . . .

Options
I've tried many, many diets and do well for a couple months; then I am back to my old ways. Need to learn how to truly 'change the way I eat' for a lifetime, not just a diet. Would love to hear from anyone on how not to fall back into old habits.
Good luck to all!

Replies

• churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It is so easy to fall back into those old habits. I honestly have struggled my entire life with yoyo weight. As I got older, it got worse. I have had the best success with logging my food here on MFP and getting daily encouragement. My goal this time is to get the weight off and keep it off. But, I know now that the only way to do that is to stay focused and continue to log my food. I am honest enough to know that if I don't do that, I will fall back into my old ways of eating.

You can do this! Stand strong...have faith and never give up!
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    the best thing i ever did was go to a dietician. learned how to eat around things i liked. didnt have to worrying about trying to stomach a bunch of diet foods.
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    hello Amann,
    i know what you aer going through and it can be though sometimes. check out this blog i created for my MFP friends, it's a 100 easy nutrition tips that will help you.
    http://www.beachbodyjourney.com/2013/04/30/100-easy-nutrition-tips/
  • smcm307
    smcm307 Posts: 7
    Options
    Loved the blog . . .a lot of good ideas! I'm keeping the list to refer to when feeling overwhelmed; to keep me on-track.

Thanks!
  • sdspencer1
    Options
    I am new on here...well I joined before but never really utilized it. I am just wondering when you said you got a lot of encouragement from this site..is that through these boards|? Or is it from the friends you add?

Thank you.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    the best thing i ever did was go to a dietician. learned how to eat around things i liked. didnt have to worrying about trying to stomach a bunch of diet foods.
    Ditto. I worked with a dietician for the first six months and learned how to eat. Having a professional who looks over everything you eat and monitors your weight, blood pressure, and so forth can be a big motivator to get into the habit. Once it becomes second nature, it gets a lot easier to stick to it.