Eating on the run

Options
So I have a challenging day ahead of me tomorrow. I will be essentially in my car going to and from appointments all day. These are the days that I struggle to eat healthy. Anybody have any suggestions for what to eat at times when bringing a healthy lunch to sit down and eat is impossible?

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I have a difficult time most teaching days (since my lunch hour is 20 minutes long, and frequently spent running about.) I'm a huge fan of string cheese, apples, almonds, dried apricots, carrots, hummus, frozen grapes, and my small cooler....... anything I can nibble one handed without slopping, actually.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Can you pack a cooler full of healthier options? Maybe a turkey sandwhich for lunch cut in 4ths, an apple, some cheese?

Otherwise, if you must go fast food - try to do it wisely!
  • bjenegiles
    bjenegiles Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    IF you have a lunch bag, you could freeze a bottle of water and put grapes and strawberries in little baggies. The frozen water bottle will keep your grapes and strawberries nice and cold. I have the 100 calorie bags of baked cheetos in my glovebox for my salty snack.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    something easy and not messy....wheat tortilla wrap (ham & cheese or RealEgg & salsa)
    Almonds, apples, & only non-carbonated bevs:tongue:
  • AuntMimi2010
    Options
    I definitely need to get a lunch bag. I think that will make this a lot easier. I like the frozen grapes idea! I'm trying to stay far away from eating out. Not only does it limit healthy choices, but can get so expensive!
  • atomicmom
    atomicmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know taco bell has the Fresco Ranchero Chicken Soft Taco and it only had 170 calories.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    you could pack some string cheese, crackers, granola bars, apple or grapes, water bottle, rice cakes with you to eat in the car
  • orangegalt
    Options
    i have a similar day tomorrow and here's what i'm packing:

corn on the cob (it's great raw, really)
    apple
    banana
    1/4 cup emerald brand cocoa roast almonds (yum)
    annie chun's seaweed snacks... basically little papers of seaweed
    trader joe's turkey jerky
    hawaiian punch sugar free singles--the little 10 cal packets you mix in your water, but i'm gonna eat one pixi stick-style when i have a sweet craving
    possibly a weight watcher's string cheese

i'm going to eat some kashi with almond milk before i leave home, and then this is food til i get back at 8ish.