Eating too few calories?

Options
MFP estimated that I need to consume roughly 1200-1400 calories a day but I am only consuming 400-500 most days. I am too scared to go over 1000 and I don't know why.
Is there any way I can incorporate more calories into my diet without eating unhealthy foods?

Replies

• MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    go to where it breaks down how much of everything you are supposed to eat and follow that
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    400-500 is far to low. Try eating things like peanut butter, cream, cheese, or meats to up your calories. You have to eat more.
  • jteal55
    jteal55 Posts: 4
    Options
    What I did that really helped me when I started was planning my day calorie wise. I would pre plan what I would eat to ensure that I stayed within the correct range. It will force you to eat better. Eat things like chicken, fish, vegetables, yogurt, oatmeal, fruits. 400-500 is definitely too low as gryfonclaw said. I'm curious, what do you eat in a normal day to stay at 400-500?
  • atragicfate
    Options
    I generally eat two pieces of toast with peanut butter and a cup of tea (no sugar) for breakfast, and a piece of fruit and one or two cruskits with vegemite for lunch. Dinner is whatever my mum cooks, but I don't usually eat it because I am incredibly fussy.
  • suunflower
    suunflower Posts: 36
    Options
    Sounds to me you could be borderline eating disorder.

I was suffering anorexia and eating 800 calories at most.
    I've bumped it up to 1,200 (although I still need more, but am working on it), even when I was scared, and guess what--
    I'm STILL losing weight. Although I AM feeling better!

Food is fuel. Not the enemy. Eat well and don't be afraid to up your calories. :))
  • atragicfate
    Options
    I am terrified of putting on weight. Cruskits are the only things I can eat without feeling guilty about eating them. It's hard for me to eat full meals.
  • suunflower
    suunflower Posts: 36
    Options
    Trust me, you will not put on weight! You'll keep losing, sure, sadly as well as your health!