Weird upper inner thigh fat

Options
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this... My thighs have always been firm fat, (if that makes any sense). They were big and even all over. I've been lifting and doing HIIT cardio for about 2 months now, and have lost 22 pounds so far (some of that was before I started using MFP). Anyways, my thighs are getting smaller and more toned, but my upper inner thighs have this squishy hanging fat that wasn't there before and doesn't match the rest of my legs. It's really gross, it just hangs there and droops, and is very obvious. It's the weirdest thing. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I have this in my arms, not my legs. I had it in my legs before. Basically I get it whereever I've just lost a lot of weight before I have lost all that extra fat in that area. It tends to get really bad every 15 pounds or so, then disappears. The lower belly is the worst.

Keep hanging in there! It will go away.
  • Raeontherun
    Raeontherun Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's common with weight loss. Depending on several factors; age, weight at beginning, current weight, timeframe of loss......

Just keep doing the strength training and in time it will even out.

Good luck!
  • sweatthief
    Options
    Might be the fat loosening up and losing density as you lose weight? Just keep workin hard and hopefully it'll start to firm back up