5'2" 129lbs GIRL PROGRESS PICS

Options
Hey there! I just wanted to post my progress pictures seeming how I've been getting a little unmotivated with exercise/eating habits lately and could really use that extra push from my MFP friends :)

This isn't really a success story but I feel I'm somewhat close to where I want to be but I'm not quite sure how to finally get there. I've been doing a lot of Jillian Michaels DVDs and running occasionally with diet. My main concern is that I just want to get rid of that little bit of belly fat left over. I know it takes time and I'm wondering if I should just keep doing what I'm doing or if I should move on to any other form of exercise, etc.
SW: 150
CW: 129
GW: 120

photo-1.jpg

The first picture is me in December 2012, and the second is me now.

Any ideas/motivation on how to lose that tummy fat?

Replies

• mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    WTG you look awesome!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Great job! I would suggest adding some strength training & lifting weights.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i am also 5.2 ft and i started at 142. i now maintain 118. I started lifting 2 months ago b/c everyone said how that will help burn that last bit of fat off and make me toned, well i just took my 2 month pics and i really don't see much of a difference yet ??? so if someone makes a great suggestion for you, i will be waiting for it :) that is amazing how much you have lost in that short bit of time, it took me a year to lose 20 lbs...
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    That is a great change! :smile:

You are doing great, keep it up! You will be at your goal in no time!
  • julialdr
    julialdr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Our goals are very similar.
  • exohglo
    exohglo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    amazing! keep it up
  • genchan
    genchan Posts: 28
    Options
    Where are the pics? I don't see any on the board. Is it only for the ladies to see it and not the guys? :sad:
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My stomach looks exactly the same as your before picture, nice to know how awesome it'll look when I get closer to goal :)

And just keep working towards your goal and start working on strength training, like lifting and building muscle. Then bye bye belly :)
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Try a different exercise routine like weights or something like that. Something you haven't done before that you can make it a challenge. Also, try changing around your diet to make it more eventful!! Good Luck on your Journey. You have done an awesome job so far!!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'2 and 135lbs you look awesome I hope I look like that when I get down to 128. My stomach is the area that needs more work. I had a baby and my belly got gigantic I guess that's why I'm having trouble getting a flat stomach. Anyway, why don't you try p90x is more intense than jillian Michaels.

I did 30ds and then switched to p90x and I'm very happy with my results even though I dont do any strict diet and dont eat healthy (I know eating healthy is the key :-( but can't commit myself to eat better)

I highly recommend p90x because it delivers great results I will be starting P90x/Insanity hybrid in 5-6 weeks hoping to get the abs I want.

Ps my goal weigh is 128

Wish you the best
  • danahouseholderr
    danahouseholderr Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your feedback!! Definitely feeling more motivated. I think I'm going to look into P90X since I tried Insanity before and it was a bit too insane for me haha, my boyfriend has also been trying to get me to lift with him so I may go that route too. It just intimidates me so much -_- but thanks again!
  • danahouseholderr
    Options
    Also glad if this can help/motivate anyone to get closer to their goals! I know how frustrating it is to search MFP for posts of results with your similar body type :)
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    you look INCREDIBLE! I am in awe of your results because I have your exact body type and have struggled with my tummy for my entire life! you give me hope :flowerforyou:
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    We're just about twins, I'm 5'2", 128 but I have been down to 118. I've also just that little bit of tummy left.
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You look outstanding! Congrats... absolutely beautiful transformation:flowerforyou:
  • danahouseholderr
    Options
    Thank you guys!!! :D I was feeling pretty down on myself lately for hitting a mini plateau haha but I feel better and more motivated now thanks to you guys! Never quit!
  • skimpyskimp
    Options
    Hey there! I just wanted to post my progress pictures seeming how I've been getting a little unmotivated with exercise/eating habits lately and could really use that extra push from my MFP friends :)

This isn't really a success story but I feel I'm somewhat close to where I want to be but I'm not quite sure how to finally get there. I've been doing a lot of Jillian Michaels DVDs and running occasionally with diet. My main concern is that I just want to get rid of that little bit of belly fat left over. I know it takes time and I'm wondering if I should just keep doing what I'm doing or if I should move on to any other form of exercise, etc.
    SW: 150
    CW: 129
    GW: 120

photo-1.jpg

The first picture is me in December 2012, and the second is me now.

Any ideas/motivation on how to lose that tummy fat?

Wow. You look amazeballs! Keep up the hard work!

I'm also 5ft2" and weight around 140lbs, unfortunately, ALL of my excess weight goes to my midsection so I would kill to get my weight down to where you're at now and have that flat tummy so thanks for the inspiration! :)

Just wondering how many calories did you try to maintain daily and did you place any emphasis on your macros?
  • mnhockeymom63
    Options
    Awesome! I too am a 5'2" gal and can't wait to get down in the 120's again!!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    wow! what great progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!