Replies

• SaBh93
    SaBh93 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Honey, coffee and coca powder. Perfect mocha
  • cilu90
    cilu90 Posts: 31
    Options
    We need cheap tequila more than we need another trendy sweetener.
    Truth.

I'd say if you want a natural sweetener try honey except I'm not sure honey and coffee go together.

They do if there is cream involved! IMO :smile:
  • Powerfocus
    Powerfocus Posts: 18
    Options
    Please try organic stevia. It doesn't have any harmful alcohol in it and it doesn't have a nasty aftertaste like trivia. After using it only my taste buds changed and anything with regular sugar in it tastes too sweet to me. Plus organic stevia is sweeter than sugar but has no calories and little to no glycemic index value.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Honey?
  • ByeSwellyBelly
    Options
    I say just have a cup or two of the "real" stuff that you actually enjoy, instead of trying to find a substitute. You will probably be satisfies with less that way.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,007 Member
    Options
    Agave syrup! It's a natural sweetener so it's better for you that processed white sugar.
    Proof that marketing works.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    You should try agave syrup ! I sometimes put in in my coffee and it's like sugar, but healthier.

Bah!

This junk should be banned. With problems in the agave harvest, wasting it as a sweetener is only making tequila more expensive. We need cheap tequila more than we need another trendy sweetener.

And Agave syrup is not healthier.............they add HFCS to most of it, unless purchased through a nutrition or health food store. So essentially your drinking sugar anyway.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Agave syrup! It's a natural sweetener so it's better for you that processed white sugar.
    Proof that marketing works.

Exactly...........so many sheeple that blindly just follow.
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options
    I hate stevia, all brands- but LOVE Xylitol! It's made from birch trees and corncobs, so no weird cancer-y chemicals. It has no aftertaste at all, and I am super picky about that sort of thing. I order it from Amazon bc they don't sell it at the grocery stores around here yet. No one knows about it.

From the website:

"Xylitol is safe for people with diabetes and hypoglycemia because it gets into the cells without insulin and can be used to make glucose. Therefore, it has a minimal effect on blood sugar levels. The glycemic index is 7. Since yeast cannot metabolize xylitol, XyloSweet® is an ideal addition to any sugar-controlled diet. Since xylitol has zero “net” carbs it can be used in any low-carb diet as well."

http://www.xlear.com/xylitol-products/xylosweet/

I wanna try the candy next.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Honey, coffee and coca powder. Perfect mocha

Don't know how I missed this but it sounds really tasty..
  • IamDianna
    IamDianna Posts: 37
    Options
    One: Stevia has cancery chemicals? I thought it was a natural plant thingy-ma-bob.

Two: Use your stevia (sans cancer) and add a DROP (about 5g) of honey. Kills the stevia taste completely for me.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    We need cheap tequila more than we need another trendy sweetener.
    Truth.

I'd say if you want a natural sweetener try honey except I'm not sure honey and coffee go together.

Absolutely, the DO! I have been using raw honey with cacao in my coffee each morning since the 1990s. Love it!
    AND, for the last couple of months, I've been using whey as creamer. :)
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options
    One: Stevia has cancery chemicals? I thought it was a natural plant thingy-ma-bob.

Two: Use your stevia (sans cancer) and add a DROP (about 5g) of honey. Kills the stevia taste completely for me.

No, I meant other ones, like aspartame. I may have phrased that oddly.

I will try the honey trick, thanks :)
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I went through a phase over a few months trying to cut calories from my morning coffee.. for a while I turned it into a frappe protein drink and that was pretty good and filling too. I was also stuck on eating 1200 calories only and wasn't working out nearly as much as I do now.. I didn't look at your diary or goals, but I just said SCREW it :smile: I just Café Compliments creamer, the hazelnut or vanilla.. and no extra sugar. It is pretty good that way and as much as I use, its like 120-140 calories for my morning coffee..
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    You should try agave syrup ! I sometimes put in in my coffee and it's like sugar, but healthier.

How is it healthier than sugar?
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Something I never thought I'd be able to do was drink my coffee black, as in nothing in it, but now thats the only way I like it. The artificial sweetners are not good for you so if you must have sugar in your coffee, then use the real stuff just try to cut back little by little. I do not use sugar in anything.
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    For those looking for healthy coffee creamers (real food, not that fake creamer crap), here are some homemade recipes. You're welcome. :)

http://deliciouslyorganic.net/homemade-coffee-creamer/
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

How is it healthier than sugar?

It's not.