Constantly tired

Options
So, over the last few weeks I have found myself getting increasingly tired. It doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I just can't wake as planned. Before I could get up after 7 hours sleep and exercise, but now even 8-9+ hours later and I'm still shattered.

At first I thought it was maybe just a hectic week, but now it's gone on so long I'm not sure.

I know this isn't the same as a medical professionals opinion, and if it goes on further I will go, but just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening?
Part of me thinks it may be anemia - I was anemic during pregnancy and remember feeling like this (never ate a lot of iron rich foods)

Replies

• kirstie1926
    Options
    get some blood work done on your thyroid. i was sleeping 12-14 hour days and could go even longer and was put on anti-depressants too until they did blood work and found that my thyroid levels were high and after an ultrasound i was diagnosed with hashimotos. it also has a lot to do with your ability to lose weight.
  • Maddius
    Maddius Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You do need some medical intervention, don't delay. Just the stress of it all will be difficult for you at the minute, let alone the physiological stuff that's going on.

Best of luck.