What was your most embarrassing moment ?

Options
note :- please reply with respect to your weight issues and not your personal life matters.... eg relationships..

mine :-

i had applied for military officers recruitment exams when i was still morbidly obese.When i reached the testing center i saw everybody except for me were slim and fit....when i reached the gates two guys starting giggling and laughing at me...i realized what would happen if i went inside, so i ran away to the the nearest gaming center and payed counter strike for 2 hours and lied to my parents that i had appeared the examinations...it was only when the results came out that my lies were exposed......

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I realized I had already sized out of the standard section at Kohl's and was about to size out of the Big & Tall section. Decided that day to lose weight before I had to start shopping at specialty stores.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Almost face planting in front of a hot guy during my second ever trip to the gym.............. Bloody 5 inch thick mat sneaking up on me :grumble:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    well like me and this girl were getting into all kindsa..... oh... I just read the OP. I thought this thread was gonna be fun.

I guess not.

*shuffles off wiping away the mash potato.
  • kellster111
    kellster111 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    When the size 16 dress I had bought for my husbands military christmas ball would not do up in the hotel we were staying in, eventually did it up with lots of breath holding and then the zipper burst as I bent down to put shoes on!
    I had to drive home (only 15 miles each way) change into a bigger dress and drive back to the function in the space of 45 minutes. I only arrived 30 seconds before the commanding officer and I refused to have photos taken.
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    how many of you faced this kind of embarrassment :bigsmile:

obese_man--300x300.jpg

in my case the seat was not the issue rather the seat belts :laugh: which didn't fit me and i had to ask for extenders...
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    well like me and this girl were getting into all kindsa..... oh... I just read the OP. I thought this thread was gonna be fun.

I guess not.

*shuffles off wiping away the mash potato.

hahaha yeah pretty much. *Hands you gravy*
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I was doing a semester abroad in Quebec City, Quebec as I was a French major. I lived with a quebecois family. In my defense the wooden chair was already rickety, but yup I broke it and I collapsed on the floor during a meal at their house. I remember my host saying a few things under her breath which I'm glad I didn't understand. The only thing I did catch was "Les Americains" :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Running on treadmill at the gym.... I hate gyms & have no idea why I joined one. Anyway...here I am about 3km into what was planned to be my 10km run. Did I also mention I HATE treadmills with a passion? Well anyway this time my bladder decided to let go...not slow like it normally does (I wear pads to stop leakage..... women have the problem sometimes) anyway it went all at once...but not enough that I could tell cause I was sweating it out. Treadmill in a gym with no wind in my hair made me sweat heaps more.... and well.... it showed about 7km mark that I had in fact wet myself. I didn't 'feel' it till the 9km mark.

I had decided to NOT take a change of clothing that time, I had no choice but to walk the 4km home..... in daylight with nothing but busy traffic roads along the way.

By the time I got home I'd decided I was NEVER going to the gym again..... and didn't. I forced myself to continue with the remainder of my contracted payments...another 2 months and suck it up.

Embarrassing enough for you?
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Falling through a garden chair and my family laughing too hard to help me out.

My son asking me to retrieve his swimming goggles from the bottom of the pool because "you're heavy enough to sink to the bottom"

My family are great. No really.:frown:
  • Finnellappe
    Options
    Having to live on a budget AND shop online because shops don't stock my size (UK 26). The clothes I buy are expensive but aren't made very well and I have to wear them to death. Cue embarrassment of me having to wear a pair of jeans to college today that have holes in the thighs. I'm just hoping my jacket will cover it :ohwell:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    this thread would be waaaaaheey longer if it was open to embarrassment of all creeds.

discriminatory!