Ideas PLEASE

momma69
momma69 Posts: 16
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I am sort of new to this site the first week I did great and lost 4 pounds...since then not so much! Any ideas on a workout that I can do in my home for 30 min or less that will help me not hate working out. I currently use my treadmill....but I am over it and I find myself having to make myself get on it and do the work.....

I work 2 jobs and I have 4 kids so leaving home to ork out or going to a gym that I can't afford isn't an option.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Replies

• gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    If you have Direct TV or some kind of cable they usually have some kind of FIT TV. I recently started to tape those. There are different workouts. I also dread the tred.:laugh: But I make myself get on it for at least 25 or 30 minutes. I watch TV while I'm on it so I don't watch the clock so much. Keep it up! You can do it.
  • Hi there, I am new to this site as well. I haven't lost any weight yet but I do have a tip for you on what you can do at home. Maybe you can rent/buy an exercise DVD so that you can still work out at home. If you rent them then you can change it up every once in a while so that you don't get bored. I know it must be so hard with 2 jobs and 4 kids but it's worth a try! Good luck!:wink:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Netflix has some workout videos that are available for streaming-- I've tried two now.... worth checking out if you've already got Netflix, since it doesn't require anything extra.
  • Turn up the music and Dance....................................................its free and so much fun and gets the heart rate up:)
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Check your library. Many of them have exercise videos available to check out.
  • 2ndtime
    2ndtime Posts: 2
    Hi, i'm new and i dont know if its wrong me telling you this, but sparkpeople.com has awesome videos you can do at home. anything to help us lose weight, right? this is my first time here and i love this site aswell as sparkpeople. this site has things SP doesnt and vice-versa.

good luck
This discussion has been closed.