Smells Like Fish, Tastes Like Chicken

Options
K_Serz
K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
One food I have been eating to help meet my protein macro goal is canned chicken. Has anyone else noticed that when they open and drain the can it smells almost exactly like a can of tuna? Whats up with that? Does anyone know why?

Replies

• daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I know what else smells like fish and tastes like chicken.............chicken wrapped in fish!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Ask any mermaid you happen to see.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I still can't get my head round canned chicken :noway: And your post is really not selling it to me either :laugh:
  • tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    its the packaging process/ preservative process
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    If I could get over the tuna smell, I'd use canned chicken a lot more, but I can't. I am not a huge fan of tuna and really don't like the smell. I only use canned chicken in recipes that would flavor the chicken so you can't taste the fishy-ness, like enchiladas or buffalo chicken dip.
  • Rangersgirl6720
    Rangersgirl6720 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have never bought canned chicken, and now I never will. :laugh:
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    For seriousness sake, yes. And I don't like it.
    I like the ease of canned chicken, though the whole concept is quite disturbing, I still eat it.
    I like it best when I completely cover up the smell with tons of hot sauce and spices.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    One food I have been eating to help meet my protein macro goal is canned chicken. Has anyone else noticed that when they open and drain the can it smells almost exactly like a can of tuna? Whats up with that? Does anyone know why?

Yeah, I've noticed. And so did my cats. They love it whenever I open up a can of chicken.