my very first NSV!!!

Options
Ok so this is a very small nsv but i was super excited!! Just so yall know, my legs are the strongest part of my body. Upper body...yeah right what a joke!! BUT i can finally "plank" properly for more than 30 seconds without my arms and shoulders quiverring like jello. Yaaay!!! Like i said, not much but i will take it :)

Replies

• elims_smile_1
    elims_smile_1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean...well done :):laugh:
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    That is wonderful! :bigsmile:
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    How great is that!!! That's FANTASTIC! YAY!!!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Great one. This was a big deal for me too.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    That lady that is not a small victory. It is quite an accomplishment. Myself I start crying for my mommy after 15 seconds of planking.:sad:
  • thisaintagame
    Options
    My next goal: 60 seconds. I figure eventually planks + other arm exercises that i am doing will = enough upper body strength for a real push up...not the on ur knees kind but a REAL one lol
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    My next goal: 60 seconds. I figure eventually planks + other arm exercises that i am doing will = enough upper body strength for a real push up...not the on ur knees kind but a REAL one lol

I'm with you on push ups. I'll add unassisted pulls ups too.
    I can finally do 5 proper push ups. Proper being hands planted next to your body with elbows in. Not arms perpendicular to the body and elbows out. The latter is really bad for the shoulders. Mine in particular due to existing damage.

In my 52 years I have never done even one pull up. Always failed the fitness test in school. Never came close to doing a single pull up. I used the assisted chin/dip machine at the Y to help with that. But, again due to my left shoulder, I can't do the outward position, only the inboard perpendicular hand grip.
    Setting goals that are attainable. Something MFP helped me do.
  • watercolorarteest
    watercolorarteest Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT! EVERY accomplishment is worthy of note and acknowledgement! Good work! Keep on, keeping on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!