Jan 1 - June 1: 50 lbs gone! (w/pics)

Options
grdaze
grdaze Posts: 195 Member
SW: 215
GW: 160
UGW: 150ish
CW: 164

I knew I looked "skinny" at 160 and I have a wedding to go to in November ... so that was my goal. But now at 164, I can see I still have a belly and places to lose, so I'm thinking with some heavy lifting, toning, etc, I could feasibly get another 14 lbs down. I'm a large framed, big boned, strawberry shape.

I ate at -20% TDEE (1800ish for me). I ate whatever I wanted, as long as I hit my calorie goal. I did, however, stop drinking soda, avoided chips, and tried to pick healthy foods at fast food places (too much sodium and my weight plateaued). I switched to almond milk and cooked more (and better) at home.

I started off just walking five times a week. Then I started the c25k program (and ran in my first 5k last weekend!), took zumba classes (one a week for about 8 weeks), did three pilates classes, did the 30 day shred, one week of ripped in 30, basically just kept moving. Right now, I'm eating at maintenance and running two or three times a week.

25tazyw.png
sngb3d.png

Replies

• mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep it up girl!
  • jolenelf
    jolenelf Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good Job! You look fabulous!
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look terrific.
  • Mbillingslea
    Mbillingslea Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Way to go!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job! Thank you so much for sharing! You look fantastic :)
  • TotalTory
    TotalTory Posts: 59
    Options
    Such a great job - keep it up!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow good job!!!
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    AWESOME Job!!!

Yes, weights will definitely help tone you up. But, now, start to go for inches and not just weight. remember, you are putting on muscle which takes up less space then the same "weight" of fat so, it may look like, on the scale, that you aren't losing weight but, you will be totally changing your body!!!

You are looking awesome1!!!
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! You must feel so much better! Thank you for sharing your pics with us! :happy:
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    wow! you look great well done you!!!
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    great job you have earned the right to be proud of yourself:flowerforyou:
  • Caiis101
    Caiis101 Posts: 25
    Options
    Great job!! Thanks for posting.
  • taterbug29
    taterbug29 Posts: 35
    Options
    You look Amazing! Congrats on your success:)

You said you want to lose more in your belly area..I know for myself the only thing that has ever helped shrink that area is Insanity and now Hop Hop Abs.

Good luck with the rest of your journey! Determination and will power has gotten you this far and it will get you the rest of the way as well.
  • joied
    joied Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic. you're a wonderful example for all us to follow. thank you for sharing your photos - inspirational indeed!
  • JenX15
    JenX15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!! Your starting and goal are pretty much where I was and want to be :) Very motivational to see the changes.

May I ask how tall you are?
  • Rebeccalmes
    Rebeccalmes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!! I think you are an inspiration!!!
  • sabrinanewme2013
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!!! :smile:
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!! Your starting and goal are pretty much where I was and want to be :) Very motivational to see the changes.

May I ask how tall you are?

I'm 5'8"!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!