hi, im brand new here :)

Options
Hi,everyone my name is mary & im 28 years old
Im here to make friends & lose weight together
My journey started feb,1st 2013 i was 243 pounds
I lost 43 pounds pounds of which 26 came off the first month
But now it has really slowed down i am on the same diet i have been on since Feb
1,200 calories a day with one cheat meal a week, i think i might need some help!

Replies

• R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It's normal to slow down after the first month. Sounds like you're on track still. Don't give up yet.
  • buckshot1969
    Options
    Have you switched up your exercise?
  • kandienicole
    Options
    I am also 28 and have lost 23 pounds...now the weight is coming off slower, but I am not going to let that get me down :) feel free to add me and I would be happy to help you in any way that I can!
  • spirit_runner
    spirit_runner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations! I'm new on here too and the people on here are amazing! Would love to help each other out. And yes the limited intake of calories is very challenging
  • soxfan2184
    soxfan2184 Posts: 48
    Options
    Thanks i won't i just want to make sure im doing the right thing.
  • soxfan2184
    Options
    No, i haven't but im going to starting tomorrow
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has slowed down, too. I've unfortunately managed to gain a pound back. I've been pondering trying to give up soda again (or at least making the attempt to).
  • soxfan2184
    Options
    I am also 28 and have lost 23 pounds...now the weight is coming off slower, but I am not going to let that get me down :) feel free to add me and I would be happy to help you in any way that I can!
    That's great losing weight is a challenge but worth it in the end
  • soxfan2184
    Options
    Wow congratulations! I'm new on here too and the people on here are amazing! Would love to help each other out. And yes the limited intake of calories is very challenging
    Thankyou & yes 1200 calories takes a while to get used to but anyone can do it if they really want to
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    But now it has really slowed down i am on the same diet i have been on since Feb
    1,200 calories a day with one cheat meal a week, i think i might need some help!

Up your calories a couple hundred and you will start losing again. Add at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, even if it's just a walk down the street and back. These things will help!
  • soxfan2184
    Options
    My weight loss has slowed down, too. I've unfortunately managed to gain a pound back. I've been pondering trying to give up soda again (or at least making the attempt to).
    Drinking soda is so unhealthy & addictive try your best to give it up
    I went cold turkey after 15 years of drinking it
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    Look at where you calories are coming from and adjust if you taking in carbs drop them down and add more salad and veggies to make up the difference. And what kind of cardio are you doing and were you doing cardio when you lost this weight? You may need to up the intensity a little to go crazy with the cardio you want to adjust that as you go when you start getting to sticking point that is when you adjust your cardio.
  • soxfan2184
    Options

Up your calories a couple hundred and you will start losing again. Add at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, even if it's just a walk down the street and back. These things will help!
  • soxfan2184
    Options

• FitCoachShawn
    FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14158-lean-on-me
    great support group right here. Also awesome motivation. Every one is a team and helps each other out!
    Hope it helps.
  • nomorehidding
    Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Lisa and Im new here too just started a biggest looser contest at work and would like to meet others to loose weight/motivate with.
  • soxfan2184
    Options
    Look at where you calories are coming from and adjust if you taking in carbs drop them down and add more salad and veggies to make up the difference. And what kind of cardio are you doing and were you doing cardio when you lost this weight? You may need to up the intensity a little to go crazy with the cardio you want to adjust that as you go when you start getting to sticking point that is when you adjust your cardio.
    The initial 26 pounds i lost was just from diet no exercise
    At all but the rest 45 mins of cardio 3 times a week & 30 mins of strength training
    My diet is clean lean protein & veggies with some fruit im always satisfied
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    Hi and Welcome, from a Tigers fan :flowerforyou:
  • soxfan2184
    Options
    Hi and Welcome, from a Tigers fan :flowerforyou:
    Hi, thankyou gabby